Sakana, Manchester, 11/07/15



The next part of Jaynes birthday present was afternoon tea with a twist, I was getting fed up of buying her the same afternoon tea all the time - so this time I decided to investigate and I found Sakana in Manchester, they do Sushi afternoon tea, just the thought of it sounded amazing and I couldn't wait!

The place is beautiful inside, very swanky and I can imagine its a very good place to go for drinks and cocktails at the weekend. The actual food menu sounded delicious, so I want to return and try the food!

We started with a glass of Prosecco, off course!





















The afternoon tea is £14.95 each, which is incredibly good value and you can add a glass of Prosecco for £5.00, bargain! It is served everyday between 3-6pm. They also do sushi and cocktail masterclass packages which I think would be great fun!

The afternoon tea is presented so nicely, I loved the black stand with the silver, it looked very good especially with all the different colours on it. It made the food stand out and I couldn't wait to dig in!

We had:

Salmon & Avocado Sushi
Duck & Hoi Sin Sushi
Salad
Chicken Wrap
Duck Wrap
Edamame Beans


All of the savoury stuff was delicious, it all tasted so fresh. The sushi was delicious, the salad was really nice and full of flavour. I really enjoyed the wraps too - all the components were cut very thin but they packed so much into the wrap, they were delicious.

Now onto the sweet stuff - 

Ginger Mousse
Mango Cheesecake
Caramel Bites
Macaroons 

Again, all of these desserts were delicious. I was unsure about the ginger mousse, as I don't usually like ginger but it wasn't too overpowering and it was just the right balance. The mango cheesecake was so fresh, delicious and had a yummy texture. The caramel bites were again, very good, they were a sweet sticky consistency with a pastry base filled with salted caramel, yum! The macaroons were crispy, full of flavour and a nice way to end the perfect afternoon tea.

This was an amazing afternoon tea experience, the service was fantastic, the presentation was great, the food was delicious and full of flavour and we both had a fantastic time! Thank you Sakana.

*I paid for this afternoon tea myself but all opinions are my own, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment