Fukuoka, Shirley, 18/07/15





















I'm back .. again! This is now the 3rd time I've been to Fukuoka in Shirley and its been amazing each time. Me and my best friend Jayne decided to take my boyfriend, Tom for a nice meal. He had a very hard few days after his best friend passed away on 11/07/15 - which has been very testing on both of us and Dave will be truly missed forever. Sushi is one of his favourites and we knew this would cheer him up a little bit.

Once again, the service was very good - the staff are so lovely and helpful. It was full too, which shows it is getting busier now more and more people are talking about it and it deserves it, the food is always outstanding and the service is very good.

We decided to start with the usual as they are so delicious.

Chicken & Beef Yakitori 



I hadn't had the beef ones yet but I loved the chicken and I didn't think I would be disappointed, and I was right - both the chicken and beef are so succulent, juicy and full of flavour. The sauce that comes with them is delicious, sweet, tangy and salty. A perfect starter and a great way to start the menu as they are not too filling. 

Salmon & Avocado Sushi
Salmon Rolls


I love the presentation here, the plates are all so fun and different and the food looks very good on them. These salmon and avocado rolls are a certain favourite - they taste fresh and are packed with flavour. All the sushi comes with pickled ginger and wasabi. 

Tuna Sashimi 


This was a brave choice, it was raw tuna served in strips. I was a bit nervous to try it but when I did, I was glad I did as it was very delicious, it actually had so much flavour and the texture was just right, especially when mixed with the wasabi and ginger. 

Red Dragon Roll












We have had the dragon roll before but this one was the Red Dragon Roll - and it was just as delicious. It was prawn tempura inside with avocado, rice wrapped round and topped with raw salmon. I probably preferred this slightly more than the dragon roll as it didn't have the fish roe on top. This is full of flavour and as the prawns are served hot, it gives sushi a nice twist as it is usually completely cold. I really enjoyed this and would definitely order it again.

Over all, another fantastic experience at Fukouka, it gets better every time I go and I have no complaints. Tom loved it too! The food is excellent, fresh and flavoursome, the service is faultless and it isn't too expensive - love the sushi here and this is quickly becoming my new favourite restaurant!

*I paid for this meal myself, but all opinions are my own, as always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment