The Kings Arms, Knowle, 30/06/15

















I was very much looking forward to this one and I was lucky enough to get invited to go and try their food for their launch opening night - very exciting! The Kings Arms  in Knowle has recently be re-done and their menu refreshed and by what I saw online I was very excited to try the food. Its an unique country pub that serves gastro-style food. Its in a lovely location and has a huge garden, which was ideal as this particular day was so hot!

Its a really lovely setting and we decided to sit outside on their terrace area, which even has an outside bar and they have set it up so the music plays outside which was a lovely touch. It was SO busy as it was their launch opening night and they had invited locals and bloggers to test the new menu.

The menu is very good, they have so much choice, all of which sounded delicious. It was so hard to decide what to have, we were entitled to drinks, starters and main courses complimentary and I honestly could eat everything on the menu it all sounded so tasty!


...
As you can see from the images above, the food was presented very well and everything was of a high quality.

They started by giving us with some bread-style snacks, they were like crispy onions, crispy bananas and crisp breads - I thought this was a nice touch and a good way to start your meal.

Next we decided to go for their sharing starter:

Fishermans Platter - Sloe gin smoked salmon with salmon caviar, crayfish cocktail in Stokes Bloody Mary Ketchup, salt & dill squid, Devon crab mayonnaise, smoked cod roe pâté and toasted artisan rustic bread
£10.50

This was delicious! I loved how it looked on the slate plate and everything looked bright and colourful and it tasted just as good. The bread was very fresh and crusty, the crayfish cocktail was full of flavour and the sauce was perfect, the smoked salmon was fresh and flavoursome, the salt and dill squid was a favourite of Toms as it was not chewy at all and was so yummy with the salt and pepper on it, the smoked cod roe paté was SO yummy and went perfectly with the bread. I loved this starter and it wasn't too filling, perfect for two people to share before a main meal.


Next up was:


7oz Fillet Steak - with dauphinoise potato, flat mushroom, sweet roasted shallot, béarnaise sauce and rosemary, tomato & garlic jelly

£22.50

You can also add kings prawns or a lobster tail to your steak for an extra cost if you wish, which I thought was a unique touch and I wish I had gone for a lobster tail after seeing Toms as he had an extra one with his burger.


The steak was presented very nicely on the plate, I swapped the dauphinoise for sweet potato fries as I prefer them. This was very different and I haven't had steak like this before and I was very intrigued.


My steak was cooked very well - medium rare, perfect! It was tender and not chewy at all. The sweet potatoes were thick, fluffy and full of flavour. The béarnaise sauce was very yummy and went very well with the steak, it complimented it perfectly. The rosemary, tomato and garlic jelly was very unique - I certainly hadn't had anything like that before but it was actually very tasty, it was served cold but surprisingly I really enjoyed it and it actually went so well with the steak and other components. I really enjoyed it and I thought it was very inventive and clever of them, impressive. 


Tom really enjoyed his burger and said it was succulent and tasty this was £9.95 which is very reasonable and you can get many different toppings. 

Over all, a fantastic experience at The Kings Arms in Knowle - the service was a little slow but this was expected on launch night and they were incredibly busy. The staff did very well under the circumstances and they were all very friendly and helpful. The food was delicious, the menu is varied and has many choices, the venue is very nice, especially in the summer and I would definitely return - especially as its 2 miles away from my house! 

Thank you for the invite.

*This meal for two was complimentary but as always, all opinions are my own. 




No comments:

Post a Comment