Prezzo, Stratford-upon-Avon 12/02/15












Me, mum and dad went on a Thursday evening to the Prezzo in Stratford, I hadn't been to this particular Prezzo before so was looking forward to trying it. The food is usually very good, but service can be lacking - however,  I was presently surprised with this one, it was very good from the outset and continued this high quality throughout the meal.

The restaurant itself is very light, bright and airy and has a good atmosphere, its tidy and clean with all the tables laid out nicely. The restaurant has a good ambiance, with dim lights and background music.
The service was very good, we were shown to our table and the drinks order was taken efficiently and quickly. The menu is huge, loads of choice from pasta, pizza and fish dishes. The service was faultless, I ordered one particular main meal but asked for no chilli flakes - the waiter came back and informed me that the whole dish was quite spicy and gave me the opportunity to change my meal, which I did. I thought this was very good of them and helpful.

We decided to go for two sharing starters to share between the three of us.

Antipasto - prosciutto ham, salami milano, salsiccia piccante, buffalo mozzarella, marinated olives, sunblushed tomatoes, rocket and ciabatta
£10.95


& Garlic Bread with Mozzarella
£4.45 
As you can see, both very reasonable sized starters. The antipasto board was a selection of cold cured meats with salad, cheese and ciabatta bread. Each component went very well together and was lovely with the bread and oil & vinegar - this is always one of my favourite starters and this one was no exception, it was delicious and more than enough for three of us to share, especially with the garlic bread - it was served almost like a flatbread with melted mozzarella all over it, it was the perfect consistency between crispy bread, garlic taste and gooey melted cheese - yummy! Both very good starters and I feel the prices are very reasonable for the amount you get.

I battled with what main meal to have for ages, they have so many delicious sounding dishes on the menu. It was actually a new Prezzo menu so there were a few new dishes I hadn't seen before, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try something new!

Prezzo offer pizzas in:
Classic - which is the pizza as it comes on the menu
Light - the lighter version, a smaller portion served with salad (good for the diets!)
or VIP - a bigger and crispier pizza with more toppings on it.

They all vary in price - but I feel its a very good deal as there is something for everyone, whether you like pizza or not. 

Pulled Pork Pizza - Classic
£10.25

As you can see, it was a very big portion again. The pizzas are all served on a thin and crispy base. I love pulled pork and this one was yummy. It had BBQ pulled pork, tomatoes, mushrooms and pancetta on it. The BBQ pulled pork was good perfectly and went so well with the other components on the pizza. I couldn't imagine what pulled pork would be like on a  pizza but it was a pleasant surprise, it was so yummy and all my favourite things on a pizza! Delicious. I would definitely go back and have this again and I would like to try a few of their other new dishes on the menu.

A very good experience, brilliant service and food - no complaints at all and I would 100% go back to this particular Prezzo as the service was miles better than most other Prezzo's I've been to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment