The Real China, Redditch 16/02/15















The Real China is a Chinese Buffet chain, they have restaurants all round the country but fairly recently one opened in Redditch inside The Kingfisher. They offer Starters, Grills, Main Courses and Desserts. Its a fairly small buffet but it had enough choice and as its Redditch, its never overly busy which is nice. Its incredibly good value too - £10 for all you can eat, even at the weekends. It's located inside The Kingfisher shopping centre, next door to Nandos. This my first visit and I was looking forward to trying it as I love Chinese food!

We were shown to our table, they offer a small drinks menu but we went for the refillable drink, they give you a glass and then you can fill up your own drink at the refill machines - this is a brilliant idea at a buffet and makes it very reasonably priced.

The buffet is located in the middle of the restaurant with tables all around it. It's a very small buffet, nothing like the Wing Wah or Cosmos. They have a starter section - my favourite!


They even offer Duck Pancakes - which is always a bonus in my eyes! They have so much choice for a fairly small buffet from Satay, to spring rolls, ribs and ribs! There is something for everyone.  I went for the Duck Pancakes, Spring Rolls, Chicken Balls, Ribs and Seaweed. I always put too much on my plate at Buffets so this time I tried to pace myself!

It was all very good, it was hot too - which is hot as buffets tend to either be cold or lukewarm! But this one was kept up very well. The spring rolls were very crispy and the ribs were tender and juicy. I loved all the parts on my plate and I ate it all! 

They had a lot of choice for the main meals too and different rices and noodles to compliment the main meals. I went for Sweet & Sour Chicken, Chicken with Mushrooms, Stir Fried Mixed Vegetables, Fried Rice and Noodles. By this time I was already getting full but I had to sample each bit and I wasn't disappointed - again, the food was hot which I liked and it was cooked very well. The sweet and sour chicken was crispy and the perfect blend of sweet and sour - not too overpowering and the sauce was nice and thick, I hate really thin sauces. The rice and noodles were very good too - I was happy with both the starters and mains and I can't complain.

We decided we had room for desserts - off course!

I went for all chocolate based desserts, they have a chocolate fountain too with marshmallows and fruit on skewers and jelly. I went for a bit of everything, but to be honest desserts at buffets are very average, they are bought in and you can tell they are cheap. The sponge is pretty dry and they are tasteless - but this is expected at buffets. The jelly was yummy, fruity and fresh and next time I would stick to the jelly and chocolate fountain! 

A very good meal and incredibly good value - £12 for unlimited food and soft drinks, you can't complain. It was high quality and tasty. Just avoid the desserts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment