Giraffe, Solihull 03/03/15
















Another favourite of mine, Giraffe in Solihull. I love this place - its so funky and colourful inside and the menu is always varied and delicious. They do a Feel Good Feel Menu too - which consists of a starter and a main for £10.95 and they are all healthy options. This was good seeing as I was off to Jamaica next week, I needed healthy food! They have so much choice on their menu and they offer 25% student discount!


This time I was meeting my friend, Gemma before going to watch 50 Shades of Grey. The restaurant was fairly busy and they sat us in the booth seats. They also offer 2for1 on cocktails throughout the week - so off course, I had to have one! It would be rude not to.

Mango & Lime Daiquiri - Bacardi rum, fresh mango and lime juice blended to a refreshing slush
£6.95 

Delicious - I ordered a fruity cocktail to get me in the mood for holiday and this was delicious. At £6.95 they aren't cheap, therefore, the 2for1 deal is definitely worth it! It was delicious, the mango and lime went very well together and it really worked as a Daiquiri.

I decided to go for the 'Feel Good Menu' as I wanted healthy food and two courses for £10.95 is a bargain! 

West Country Whitebait Fillets - crispy, deep-fried whitebait with red pepper mayo and lime
A very reasonably sized portion for the set menu, usually starters are very small but this was the rightt size. I got around 10-15 bits of whitebait and they were perfectly crispy and deep-fried with a tasty outer shell and a soft fishy inner. The pepper mayo went so well with the crispy whitebait, it had a slight kick and therefore helped give the fish some extra flavour. Especially, with the lime squeezed over them. A very nice starter and just enough food.

Japanese Katsu Pork Schnitzel - sliced breaded pork escalope with noodle and vegetable stir fry in a creamy curry sauce.
This was huuuuuge! I even had to take half away with me in a doggie bag to have for lunch the next day. I couldn't believe how big the portion was for the price. And, it was sooooo good! I love Katsu and this was delicious, it tasted very fresh and healthy too. The portion definitely wasn't stingy, it had so many vegetables in it and loads of slices of pork - which were perfectly breaded. A very good dish, exceptional price and very tasty! I have no complaints, just that I couldn't finish it all but it made a very nice lunch the next day and everyone in the office was jealous!

Overall, a very good meal again at Giraffe - they always deliver very good service and lovely, tasty food and I love the healthy option menu, brilliant for diets. Reasonably priced and and lots of menu choices! 















No comments:

Post a Comment