The Savoy, Gordon Ramsey 01/03/15




I told you this weekend was a very foodie related one! After The Shard on Saturday and The Shake Shack, we were so full but Sunday arrived and so did my parents ready to meet us and we went to The Savoy Grill - Gordon Rasmey's restaurant located inside The Savoy Hotel. This location is just stunning, a very famous restaurant and hotel in London and it definitely looks grand from the outside! 

This again, was a Virgin Experience present given to us from our family for Christmas - a three course lunch at The Savoy Grill. What a perfect present for us and seeing as me and Jayne were already in London, my parents drove down to meet us on the Sunday. I was so excited for this meal, this was a restaurant I had always wanted to try and just being able to eat in The Savoy was an experience! It was a set menu for the lunch time - therefore any drinks/sides or extras had to be paid for. 
As we entered the place is lavish and grand. The Savoy has many different restaurants in it and at the time we were there they were filming Mum Of The Year 2015 so was very busy. Gordons restaurant was one of the first ones when you walk in, it was a massive room and the decor was very grand, the decor was old-fashioned but thats what you expect from The Savoy. We walked up to the receptionist who took our coats and showed us to our table. The service was impeccable - each team member was so good and they serve you effortlessly, with different staff members for all parts of the meal. They have one to take your order, a wine sommelier to pour the wine for you as soon as your glass gets half full and then a staff member to bring the food out for you. It's all done perfectly and the operation is so smooth from start to finish.
The table was laid out beautifully. We were given the menus, they had so many different types: A La Carte, Lunch Set and Specials. The deal worked out as we could either have the Set Lunch menu which is three courses for £30.00 or we could choose whatever we wanted from the A La Carte and Special menus and we could get £30.00 off the bill each. We decided to go for the set menu as the choices were very diverse and they had a lot to offer.

We were given bread on the table with salt butter to eat whilst looking at the menu.
The bread was so fresh and delicious, I love bread and especially when waiting to eat - it's a good filler whilst waiting for the rest of your food. 

The service was perfect, they were so attentive throughout, offering us drinks all the time and filling up our glasses with wine or water as soon as the glasses needed topping up. 

We all decided on the set menu and our order was taken, I could barley contain my excitement and the prospect of trying Gordon Ramsey's food! What an honour. The menu was very traditional English, which is what I expected. 

Duck & Liver Parfait with Grape & Onion Chutney
WOW is all I can say - it wasn't a huge portion, but thats what you expect from Gordon Ramsey's restaurant - its refined and looked stunning on the plate. The presentation was so good, it looked like a piece of art on the plate! The parfait was to the left in a dome shape, covered in herbs with the butter placed on top. The chutney was to the right of this with a slice of crusty bread on top. My only criticism  is that there wasn't enough bread, but this always a problem for me when I order pate! However, the taste was incredible, the parfait was so smooth and rich and the chutney complimented it perfectly, the sweet and tang helps to relax the richness of the parfait and the bread helps it all go down. This was a perfect starter and I could eat it again and again!

I didn't think the food could get much better after that starter but…

Pan-fried Cornish sea bream with roast aubergine purée, brown shrimps and salsa verde 
Even just reading the description of this dish was making my mouth water but when it came out, I was so excited! The colours just looked stunning on the plate and the taste matched - it was a perfectly cooked fillet of sea bream on top of an aubergine puree and salsa verde, topped with brown shrimps. It was beautiful - the seam bream was light and fluffy with a crispy outer skin. The aubergine puree underneath was very unusual and something I had never tried before but it was so good, soft and full of flavour and went surprisingly well with the bream. The brown shrimps were tiny but full of flavour and the salsa verde gave the whole dish an extra sparkle, each component complimented each other so well and I couldn't say a bad word about this dish. Perfect till the last bite, I never wanted it to end. 

After this dish I was pretty full and the food was rich but it was so divine I couldn't wait to try the dessert. The dessert menu had four choices on it including cheese and biscuits. I knew what I had to have as soon as I saw it.

Caramelised Baked Pineapple with Coconut Ice Cream
Wow - they say save the best till last and this was delicious. A caramelised baked pineapple with passion fruit drizzled over the top and a scoop of coconut ice cream in the middle. This was divine! The pineapple was cooked perfectly, it was warm, crunchy, sweet and tangy. The crispy bits of passion fruit on top were so lovely and made the pineapple slightly different. The coconut ice cream complimented the dish perfectly and gave it a very Caribbean flavour. As I was going to Jamaica in a couple of weeks, it was very fitting! 

A perfect dessert and the whole meal was beautiful from start to finish.



I had a coffee to finish and these chocolates and sweets were bought out with the bill, all very rich and delicious. The perfect way to end a stunning meal. 

Thank you The Savoy and Gordon Ramsey for a perfect lunch - I have no complaints at all. I want to go back and do it all over again! 













No comments:

Post a Comment