Garfunkels, Gatwick Airport 09/03/15



The time was finally here, Jamaica! I was so excited, but off course all holidays have to start with a yummy breakfast at the airport. I did my research before going down to Gatwick and saw they had a Garfunkel's within the North Terminal. The menu seemed pretty good, I've been to Garfunkel's in London for lunch a few times but never tried their breakfasts. We got through security pretty quick and got to Garfunkel's with plenty of time to spare. With the excited bubbling, we were happy and couldn't wait get to Jamaica.

The restaurant was pretty big, with many tables. It was very busy, we had to que for about 5-10 minutes which wasn't too bad and they gave us a menu to look at whilst we waited.

After eating healthy for weeks before the holiday, I couldn't wait to get the all-inclusive started and get back to regular eating!

They offer quote a big selection for breakfast, from classic breakfasts, pancakes or sandwiches. I thought for an airport restaurant it was quite varied.

If you order a coffee or tea, they are refillable which is a very good deal and you can get a freshly squeezed orange juice for £2.95 - not cheap to be honest as it was a pretty small glass but I understand prices vary when at an airport restaurant. 

I couldn't decide what to have as smoked salmon is usually my favourite but the Hotel we were staying in during our holiday in Jamaica had smoked salmon on the buffet for breakfast, so I wanted something a bit different.

Breakfast Burger - 100% beef burger served in a toasted brioche bun, spread with ketchup and topped with grilled bacon and a fried egg. Served with cubed potatoes and ketchup on the side.
£7.95

I swapped the cubed potatoes for hash browns as they are my favourite! The presentation was very good it looked lovely and colourful on the plate. It definitely wasn't healthy though, but hey, holiday had already started! It was very yummy, the beef burger was juicy and tender, the bacon nice and crispy and a good runny egg - just as eggs should be, all placed between two burger buns. The other thing I could say is that the buns were slightly stale and therefore ruined the breakfast slightly, the other components were very good and the has browns were perfectly crispy and served warm. I feel it was quite expensive for what I got, it was a very tasty breakfast but they need to make sure their buns are fresher.

Look out for the Jamaica blogs coming next!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment