Phonlik, Knowle 14/12/13

WOW, whilst writing this blog my mouth is watering. This is one of the best restaurants I've been to; Phonlik, Knowle. My dad has been going to this Chinese for years with his best friend and I have been yet to try it, I finished work really early one Saturday evening so me and my dad decided to go-I certainly don't regret it! 

The atmosphere in there is lovely, very busy but the service is top class-we got a table straight away and the waitress (who we actually knew as she used to run the takeaway where we live!) got us drinks straight away. The menu is so good, a little bit different to traditional Chinese food-with some dishes I haven't seen before, I liked this about the place too. Service remained fantastic throughout the meal too.

We decided to get starters, got to be done at a Chinese! 

BBQ Chinese Ribs
£6.25
These weren't cheap at all for a starter but OH MY GODDDD! They were delicious, the meat was cooked perfectly-so tender and almost fell of the bone whilst eating it, perfection. The sauce-I don't even know what it was because it was that delicious, it was so sweet but not too sweet for savoury food, it was honestly one of the best starters I've ever had. The sauce was better than any normal rib sauce, they wouldn't give the recipe away.. gutted! 10/10 dessert-100% perfect. 

We decided to get two different mains to share between us.

Crispy Duck with Plum Sauce
Sizzling Beef
Egg Fried Rice
Each main was a big portion, there was certainly enough between 2 of us. The presentation of both dishes was very good too-I like sizzling dishes as they come out so hot and remain hot the whole meal. The crispy duck was cooked perfectly, not too chewy as duck can be sometimes and the skin was crisp,  the plum sauce that came with it was so good too-I like how they didn't pour the sauce on the duck so we could have as much or as little as we liked, the sauce was so sweet and worked perfectly with the duck. 9.5/10 dish-almost perfect!

The beef dish-WOW! That is the only word I need to explain this dish, it was perfection on a plate. The beef was so tender and juicy and the sauce it came in-I'm not even sure again what the sauce was but it was beyond good-so fragrant and worked so well with the beef. 10/10 dish that I couldn't fault at all, I could eat it every day and not get bored!!

Perfect meal-I would recommended everyone to go to this place! Perfect and delicious from start to finish!



No comments:

Post a Comment