Zizzi, Worcester 12/12/13


I'm loving writing this blog post, this was such a lovely meal. The girls and I decided to have a Christmas meal before breaking up for the holidays and exchange secret santa presents. We had been to Zizzi's a couple of weeks before so we all wanted to go again, especially as the Christmas menu was a very good offer £2- each including a glass of prosecco each. But as we had to pay a £5 deposit each first it worked out as £15 on the night. The restaurant was very busy, surprising as we were there early evening like 5.30/6. The service was slightly slow but as we were all having such a lovely time, we barely noticed and didn't let it bother us. We ordered our starters, the only option to have on this Christmas menu was some sharing starters-I thought it was quite bad you didn't get any other options at all but it was a good idea and I could see the point as its easy for big groups, the starers came very quickly which was good as were all starving!



Antipasti: cured meats with olives and calamari 
&
Tomato & pesto bread
Garlic bread with mozzarella and caramelised onions 
Garlic bread
 These starters were delicious! We got 3 plates of each so there was enough for the whole table and there certainly was-some of it was even left! The presentation was very good, I liked the cured meats in a pattern and the garlic bread served on a wooden board. The cured meats were delicious, as always. One of my favourite starters and there isn't too much I can say about it except that it was so good, the calamari was also tasty, it wasn't chewy or stringy as calamari sometimes can be, it was tender and the crispy batter wasn't too heavy. WOW-the bread it was so good! The tomato and pesto bread was so so good, it was focaccia topped with tomatoes and pesto and it was so tasty, I hadn't tried this kind of bread before and as I'm not a huge pesto fan I wasn't sure, but it was so good and I could've eaten loads of it, the garlic bread topped with mozzarella and onions was as good as I remembered from the first time I had it and its one of the nicest tasting things I've ever had, honestly it is THAT good. I wish I could have that all the time. Very good starter and enough for all of us! 

The main courses on the Christmas menu weren't as exciting- they didn't have a lot of choice but I guess we were getting it for a good price-but it took me ages to decide what to have!

Rigatoni Con Pollo E Funghi-pasta tubes with chicken in a tomato, onion, 
mushroom and rosemary sauce
It didn't look particularly appetising on the plate if I'm honest and I was slightly disappointed with the taste, it wasn't overly flavoursome and didn't seem to have a lot of seasoning or spice to it-the sauce was quite watery which is a massive no no for me. It was very average in my mind and I wouldn't have been happy if I was paying for this as a separate main course. 

Dessert took me ages to decide too, a few of them grabbed my attention but I fancied something refreshing.

Torta Limone-lemon tart perfection, perfectly tart, perfectly sweet.
The presentation of this again, I didn't find great. It was strange that the main and dessert lacked in presentation as the starter was so beautifully presented. However, this tasted delicious! It was so tangy and sweet-the pastry was perfect and the whole dessert was yummy-so refreshing and 10/10!


Such a lovely night with the girls xx


No comments:

Post a Comment