Matricardis, Henley in Arden 4/07/2013




Again, this place; Matricardis! I really do love it, this time I was meeting an old friend for dinner, it was a lovely summer day so we decided to sit outside! The menu at this restaurant is SO good, it is always impossible to decide what to have as everything sounds so yummy! 

As it was so hot and I can never eat massive big meals in the heat so Matricadis tapas menu was perfect, they have a choice of up to 15 different dishes from £3-6 and all sound so good! I went for 4 dishes as I was quite hungry and the waiter informed me that 4 would be enough between two.

Smoked Salmon, Cold Meats: Parma Ham, Salami, Ham, Honey & Mustard Sausages & Lamb Koftas
As you can see, four dishes is definitely enough as I had a bowl of chips with it too and shared my friends bread with her, I was very full! The smoked salmon was very yummy, there isn't too much to say about it though to be honest as smoked salmon is pretty self explanatory as with the cold meats, they were very yummy and I definitely had enough in the dish. But WOW! The sausages were honestly the best sausages I've ever tried, I could of had 4 dishes of just them! The marinade they were in was so sweet and went incredibly well with the sausages and made them taste 10/10, perfect perfect dish! Lastly, the lamb koftas again were very yummy! They were quite spicy though but the yoghurt on top cooled them down and they were very well cooked and seasoned. 10/10 dish and I would love to try all the tapas dishes they offer! 

My friend opted for the vegetarian option of the tapas plate, as you can see again, a big enough portion for 1 person- Olives, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Peppers, Mushrooms, Olives, Artichokes served with crusty bread. She throughly enjoyed it and even me, who loves my meat and fish thought it looked very appetising. 

Once again, 10/10 meal, Matricardis never fails to disappoint and at £18 each it's such good value and it really is worth every penny. 5* restaurant! 

No comments:

Post a Comment