The Beeches, Hampton in Arden 18/07/2013



Another food blog, I haven't been to this restaurant; The Beeches for so long and my friend Laura lives opposite so we decided to meet here for lunch as the first time I went I thoroughly enjoyed the food and had been wanting to go again for a long time. The setting is perfect, in a tiny little village with a gorgeous restaurant and the outside is lovely, it over looks all the fields and it is so countryside and picturesque-perfect setting for a meal outside. It was such a hot day again but as I had been ill for a couple of days before I was SO hungry! 



They offer a lunch time menu, 2 courses for £13.95 or 3 for £16.95 which is incredibly good value and we decided to have two, maybe three depending on how full we were. The actual menu has amazing choice and even their lunch prix fixe menu had a good choice, I could have eaten everything of it! 

One particular starter stood out to me though:
Smoked Salmon with Potato Salad
As you can see, not a huge portion but enough for a starter and the size I would expect on a prix fixe menu. The presentation was incredibly good, it looked very impressive and almost too good to eat! But-I'm glad I did eat it as it tasted SO good, the smoked salmon was very cold as it should be and it went so well with the potato salad and the dressing, this was a top class starter. 10/10 and I couldn't of asked for more. 

For main, it was quite a difficult choice again but I really fancied something I hadn't had for a while:
6oz Rump Steak with Chips & Salad
Again, a very reasonable sized portion for a prix fixe menu and it tasted very good, they flattened the steak which made it a lot less chewy and it made it seem like there was LOADS of it! The chips were cooked very well, crispy yet fluffy and the salad was very good too, especially with the steak juices on top of it like a salad garnish-a 100% perfect main meal and it couldn't of been better.

We decided to have dessert as we had sat for a while and had a rest and I now had room for one! The two desserts on the menu sounded so good but I really had a chocolate craving: 
Chocolate Ganache Tart
And WOW what a good choice, this was a gorgeous dessert! It was big enough as it was so rich which was good, the pastry was perfectly cooked-not too dry which pastry sometimes can be, the chocolate tasted unreal, it tasted just like melted chocolate and every bite was more yummy than the last! It needed the chocolate though as it was incredibly chocolaty and rich and it went very well with it but it was a top class dessert, 10/10 and I couldn't say a bad word. 

Well, another meal at The Beeches didn't disappoint and I would 100% go again & again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment