Nosh & Quaff, Birmingham, 29/07/15


I had been waiting for this launch for weeks! The much anticipated Nosh & Quaff opened in Birmingham. Ever since I went to Burger & Lobster in London I fell in love with the concept and I thought Birmingham needed something similar, and here is it! It is a different concept in the sense that in Nosh & Quaff you get menus and they have more choices than just burger or lobster but it is similar and I couldn't wait to go to the blogger launch night!

I took my best friend, Jayne with me to the launch, which made her very happy! When we arrived the place was very busy, full of bloggers and people that had been invited to try their food and drinks. We were given a drinks and food menu to look at and given champagne on arrival.

They have a lot of choice on their drinks menu from wines to cocktails, which sounded very good but unfortunately we were both driving! We ordered two drinks whilst we looked at the food menu and decided what to have.


























I loved the menu as it was simple and didn't have too much choice but everything on it sounded delicious. We decided to get two things and share them between us so we could try different things from the menu. They don't technically have any starters but you could have their side orders as a starter if you wanted too.

We ordered our food and I my mouth was watering just waiting for the food to come, it sounded delicious and what I had seen on social media I was very excited!

Lobster - served with fries and garlic & lemon butter sauce
£20




















Burger - cheese burger with fries and salad
£14


























We ordered sides too, it would be rude not to …

Sweet Potato Fries & Blooming Onion 




















The food was HUGE! If you go, definitely make sure you are hungry as the portions are massive. I liked the presentation as it was fairly simple, on silver trays with no cutlery, unless you ask for it. Which I liked, simple but it works.

The lobster was very tasty, it was the whole lobster too which for £20 is very good value - it was cooked perfectly and the garlic, lemon and butter sauce was very tasty and went very well with the lobster. The fries were very good too, they had the skins on and were crispy not he outside but soft and fluffy in the middle, just how they should be!

The burger again was very good, I love my burgers and some places can get them so wrong but Nosh & Quaff got it right - it was very good value for £14 too and it was full of flavour, the beef was cooked well and it had lots of filling.

The sides were unusual - the sweet potato fries were not as I expected, we got two big fries which still had the skin on, they were sweet and fluffy in the middle but the skin was nice and crispy. The blooming onion was very unusual, I have certainly never had anything like it before - it was breaded onions shredded into little pieces with a sauce in the middle, I wasn't sure about it at first but the more I ate, the more I liked it but I felt it didn't go well with the sauce and it actually tasted better on its own! A very unusual side and it could easily feed a table of 4!

We were SO full but as it was a blogger evening, I had to have a dessert to get a full idea of what the food is like at Nosh & Quaff.

Rocky Road
£5.00


























And WOW I'm so glad I decided to have a dessert, it was delicious! Probably the best rocky road I have ever had. The chocolate ice cream was so creamy and sweet, the marshmallows were delicious, the chocolate fudge pieces were gooey and moist and it was covered in chocolate sauce - I loved this! I couldn't eat it all but oh my god it was so yummy!

Over all, I loved Nosh & Quaff. The service was very good, the staff were friendly and attentive, the menu is interesting, the food is yummy and the portion sizes are very good for the value and I loved the atmosphere - this would be a fun birthday venue! I had a very good evening and I will definitely return!

*This meal was complimentary thanks to Nosh & Quaff but as always, all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment