Homemade Fish & Chips, 20/06/15



Another healthy recipe for you guys. We all know how tempting it is to get Fish & Chips Takeaway after work on a Friday, its quick convenient and yummy. But this recipe is my take on fish and chips - done the healthy way!




Simply buy a white fish fillet, some potatoes and salad.


























These Slimming World chips have become my new favourite thing! They are delicious and especially cooked with Mellow Yellow oil, which has become my new favourite oil, it makes chips taste amazing.

You just peel some potatoes, cut them into chip size, boil them in a pan of boiling water until they are soft, drain them and place onto a baking tray with a slight drizzle of oil (I use Mellow Yellow but you can use any oil.) Put them on 220 for about 40-45 minutes, tossing occasionally.

For the fish - I like to dry my fish out before cooking it. Then I placed garlic into a pan, pan-fried that for a few seconds, then spread some Cajun Seasoning onto the fish, placed that into the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes each side.

Prepare some salad - I did a Greek style salad but you can do whatever you like, or it could be served with peas, sweetcorn etc.

A very good meal and takes less an hour and its so healthy! Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment