Luna Rosa, Knowle 22/01/15













This restaurant is somewhere I have wanted to try for ages and seeing as it’s only down the road from me, I thought I should finally bite the bullet and go.

It’s a Spanish/Italian restaurant, very traditional looking and the service was good, mostly.

We were shown to our table, drinks ordered and we were given a while to look at the menu. We decided to just go straight for main courses – we were given garlic bread as complimentary, therefore didn’t need starters.
The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere, lots of families enjoying themselves, it was very busy for a Thursday night too – always a good sign. You would definitely need to book for a weekend meal. Our service started very good but did slow down when it came to ordering our food, they took about 15-20mins to get to us after we were given our drinks.

I went for Pollo ai Funghi



























This was roasted chicken breast, gnocchi, wild mushrooms in a garlic cream sauce. Delicious! The food was served beautifully on the plate and it tasted flawless. The chicken breasts were cooked perfectly, not dry at all and the gnocchi was a lovely extra special touch, I love gnocchi anyway but this one had the perfect texture and complimented the chicken and mushrooms very well. The sauce, WOW – this was to die for. I love garlic and this sauce was a 10/10, thick, creamy and not overpowering. The only thing I would say is, the portion sizes aren’t very big and you have to order sides separately. We ordered a side of hand cut chips which were £2.95 each, not too expensive and I have to say – they were some of the best chips I have ever had!

Very good experience, service could be improved slightly but the food was excellent from start to finish from the presentation right down to the taste. I would love to go back and try some of the other dishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment