Crust, Shirley 8/10/14


This is an old favourite of mine and somewhere I have been before. However, my boyfriend Tom had never been  and it was a quiet, cold Saturday night what a perfect opportunity to go out for dinner?! Crust is situated right on the Stratford Road in Shirley.

The atmosphere is buzzy and the restaurant has a very rustic feel to it. When you walk in there is a huge spiral staircase in front of you with a few tables downstairs and further seating upstairs and a bar, we sat downstairs which was lovely and nice and quiet.


The menu is pretty big and has lots of choice from burgers to pizza and pasta. They also offer a very wide range of drinks including, alcoholic milkshakes - Tom was in his element!























 
He had a Baileys and cream one - very sickly but he loved it!

Right, onto the food.

Starters - 

We decided to have two starters and share them between us - they offer these 'small bites' that are only £1-5 each and are perfect for sharing.





















 


We shared Dough Balls with garlic butter and Breaded Calamari both priced around £4. They are very good sized portions, perfect size for a starter as not too big! The dough balls were very good, simple but tasty - you do need the garlic butter with them though as they could be quite dry on their own. The calamari was again, very tasty and cooked to perfection - not overcooked and chewy. Very good starters and I was still hungry enough for my main course.

Mains - 

It took me a while to decide what main to have as the menu has so many tasty choices but I had to go for my all time favourite, the burger!


 















 


I went for the Mini Me's - three little burgers all filled with different toppings.
Chicken & Sweet Chilli Sauce
Beef, Cheese & Caramelised Onions
Pulled Pork & Slaw

£10.95

Again, a very good price for what you get - I upgraded my normal fries to sweet potato fries for 80p as I prefer them (and I feel I'm being healthier!) I liked the presentation - served on a wooden board and I LOVED the small bucket of sweet potato fries, definitely a very reasonable sized portion. The chicken and sweet chilli one was a grilled mini chicken breast with salad and drizzled with sweet chilli sauce - luckily not too much! The second was a classic burger - a mini beef patty with melted cheese and caramelised onions, very tasty! Save the best to last, pulled pork and slaw. The pulled pork was so tender and melted in the mouth served with lashings of BBQ sauce and slaw = heaven in a burger! The sweet potato fries were perfectly cooked. Very good main course and I was left feeling satisfied.

We didn't have room for desserts unfortunately - next time hey?! 

Pricing - 

Starters - £2-£6
Mains - £6-£12
Desserts - £3-£6
Drinks - they offer a wide range of both soft and alcoholic drinks. Soft drinks - £2-£5
Alcoholic - £3-£7
Milkshakes - £4-£6

Overall - 

Another very good meal, this restaurant has a very good atmosphere, always busy and the food is simple but very tasty. I would 100% go back.

8/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment