Zizzi's, Worcester 14/11/13

A new restaurant today, somewhere I have never eaten before. This time in Worcester. Me and a couple of the girls decided to get lunch before lecture, they suggested Zizzi's as we get 25% off student discount and they said its yummy. The restaurant itself was lovely, very modern and bright with fresh food placed everywhere around and an open kitchen, the food smelt so good and I couldn't wait to try it as its Italian and I love Italian food. 


The menu had so much choice and it all sounded so good! They do offer a lunch time set menu which is £7.95 for one main, 2 courses for £10.95 or 2 courses for £13.95, which is incredibly good value but I didn't particularly fancy any of the dishes from the menu so I ordered from the normal menu, which is very averagely priced also. As one of the girls was ordering from the set menu, I decided to have starter and main course as I didn't want to sit and watch her eat her starter, I would be too jealous!

Garlic Bread with Mozzarella: garlic bread topped with mozzarella and caramelised balsamic onions
£4.95 
As you can see, a huge portion! I couldn't believe how much I got for the price, it is easily a sharing starter between two or even three people. It was very well presented, I liked the wooden board it came on and the taste didn't fail to impress either, it was so tasty. The garlic bread itself wasn't too compared to normal garlic bread but the mozzarella and caramelised onions made it less strong and it was SO delicious. The cheese was perfectly melted against the bread which was crispy but soft on the middle and the blend of the balsamic onions was so good, a very good starter and I could eat that again and again! 10/10.

Main course, was so difficult to decide. They all sounded amazing and it was a struggle to work out which one I fancied.

Penne Della Casa: chicken, penne pasta, smoked pancetta, and baby spinach in a creamy mushroom sauce
£9.65
Again, I couldn't believe the portion size for the price, its so cheap compared to normal Italians and its one of the best Italians I've been too, so worth every penny. The presentation was very good, I liked the dish the pasta came in and it was hot which I really liked as I love my food being hot. The flavour was so good too, I love mushroom sauces and this one was so good, my only critiscm-as you can all probably guess is the fact there wasn't enough sauce, as it was so delicious I could've had loads of it! All the flavours went so well together, the chicken, pancetta and spinach all worked and blended so well with the penne pasta and mushroom sauce, I really liked the penne pasta with it too as its easier to eat than spaghetti and I always think its actually more flavoursome! 9.5/10 dish, I just wish I could've finished it all as it was so good!! 

I would 100% go back to Zizzi's again as it was delicious, such good value and the fact as a student you get 25% off made it even better. It was less than £15 each and the quality of the food and service was well beyond that.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment