Homemade Dinner, Fish Platter 10/11/13

Yes, cooking again! This time I decided to go very inventive and made a fish platter, it took hours to prepare and cook but minutes to devour-as it was SO yummy!

Fish Platter: smoked salmon parcels, salt and pepper prawns, whitebait, smoked mackerel pate served with bread and salad.


Ingredients: 

Smoked Salmon: 
  • Smoked salmon
  • Philadelphia 
  • Chives
  • Lemon
Salt & Pepper Prawns:
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Frozen Prawns
  • Chilli Flakes
Whitebait:
  • Shop bought whitebait
Smoked Mackerel Pate:
  • Smoked mackerel
  • Creme fraiche
  • Horseradish
  • Chives
  • Lemon



Firstly, to make the smoked salmon parcels, I laid out the smoked salmon on a board in medium sized bits, in a separate bowl I mixed together the philadelphia, finely chopped chives and a squeeze of lemon until it made a paste-like mixture. I then put a spoonful amount of the mixture onto the smoked salmon, wrapped it up like a parcel and tied with chives to keep tight together.

Secondly the prawns, I washed them in the sink first and left them to dry on the side. In a separate bowl I then mixed together, salt, pepper and dried chilli flakes. I then put a very small amount of oil in a pan, heated it up and placed the prawns in the pan-when they were getting browner and sizzling away I placed the mixture on top, mixed around in the pan until all the prawns were covered, left to sizzle for a couple of minutes and they are ready to serve either hot or cold. 

The smoked mackerel pate, is very easy to make. You have to flake the smocked mackerel into bits, place in a food processor, add creme fraiche, finely chopped chives, a spoonful of horseradish and a squeeze of lemon. Whizz it all up until combined and voila! Smoked mackerel pate! Putting it inside a kilner jar makes it look even better! 

The whitebait, you can get from most supermarkets and you have to deep-fry them for a couple of minutes, squeeze of lemon and they are done! 

This was a delicious dinner, I honestly couldn't believe I even made it all. Every element was lovely and I felt I presented it very well-I was very impressed with myself. My mum and dad throughly enjoyed it too. I'm happy with myself about this dish, I feel I could cook anything.. ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment