The Plough, Harborne, 26/05/15


I couldn't wait to try this place! I had read so many blogs/reviews and seen so many yummy food pictures! The Plough in Harborne is right in the centre of the busy Harborne, it has a quirky feel to it and they have many offers, bands and a quiz night. The website drew me in straight away and after seeing how many awards they had won, I was very excited! 
This was a Tuesday night, I was meeting my friend Matt. It was a good job I booked as it was so busy even when we arrived at 6pm and the place got busier and busier as the evening went on!

They have many good deals including 2 for 1 pizzas on a Monday, £7 Calzone Monday-Friday before 5pm and 2 for 1 burgers on a Tuesday - I was very happy to find this out as burgers are my favourite and when they are 2 for 1 - it couldn't get much better!

It had a very cool atmosphere, a real buzz about it - the bar was pretty full, as were most the tables - which is very unusual on a Tuesday evening! They had so many drinks to choose from, the drinks are not cheap but thats expected at this type of place. The menu hasn't got a lot of choice, but thats a good thing as I'm very indecisive! The one thing I would say is I think they need better starter options, I found them a bit average and I didn't end up ordering one because nothing stood out to me and the antipasto board is very expensive.

As it was a Tuesday, I had to order a burger, off course (definitely not good for the diet!) They do offer a low-carb burger though without the bun, which is a very good idea.

The Plough Burger - Hamburger, Fried Onions, Plough Burger Sauce, Iceberg Lettuce, Melted Cheddar & Mustard Pickle
£12.50


Side Salad
£4
It was delicious! It came so quickly, it was on the table within 10 minutes after ordering, which made me happy as I was starving! I liked the way it was served, on a tray - similar to a school dinner tray. But it was simple and effective and I liked that. The burger was huge and very messy! I had to eat it with my knife and fork otherwise it would've gone all over me but the burger was cooked perfectly and all the components in it were so tasty, I loved the burger sauce, it was almost as good as the Big Mac sauce (ha, only kidding, it was delicious) I could've drunk the stuff! Delicious burger, very good chips and for the price - I have no complaints.

I was very full but Matt is dessert obsessed, he can never say no so therefore I clearly had to join him and have one .. well, it would be rude to sit and watch him eat one!

Grasshopper Pie - Chocolate, Mint & Marshmallow
£6.50

Oh my gaaaaawd! This was to die for. Again, I liked the presentation on the wooden board and it was a very reasonably sized portion as £6.50 isn't cheap for a dessert but this was more than enough, in fact I couldn't finish it! The chocolate tart was rich, creamy and full of flavour, the mint taste through it was delicious and topped with gooey sticky marshmallows, this was heaven in a dessert! I want another one, now. 

Over all, a fantastic night at The Plough, the service was very good, the food was excellent and it is fairly priced. A very good experience and I would definitely return .. especially for that dessert! I really want to try their breakfast too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment