Frankie & Bennys, Leamington 25/05/15

This is another favourite of mine and it was Bank Holiday Monday and as I get student discount, we decided to go to Frankie & Bennys, this time in Leamington. It was very busy and therefore we had to wait for a table at the bar, which was also very busy! The barman was rushed off his feet - he was running around like a headless chicken and to be honest he had a bad attitude but I did feel bad for him and he looked very disheartened! 
I was starving by the time we sat down, Frankie & Bennys offer a very good lunch menu where starters are £2.50, mains are either £5.95, £6.95 or £7.95 depending what you have and desserts are £2.50 - I feel this is very good value and they offer a good variety of choices. The service wasn't great throughout our meal, the starters came quickly, but the mains took ages to come to us and they got Toms order wrong - the desserts took even longer and when they did arrive it was wrong and they didn't even really apologise and just said the chef didn't look at the cheque properly - not a very good attitude to have!

Crispy Coated Chicken Strips - Two Southern Fried Chicken Strips Served on Honey & Mustard Dressed Lettuce Leaves with Red French Dressing
£2.50


This was a very reasonably sized portion, I'm trying to eat healthy and therefore didn't want too many carbs. This was perfect for that, two pieces of chicken with lettuce dressed in my favourite honey and mustard dressing which was tangy, yummy and sweet. The chicken was cooked very well and coated nicely, the red french dressing was very good and helped the starter not be too dry.

Garlic Dough Balls - Served with Garlic & Parsley Dip
£2.50
This was a huge portion for the price and Tom loved it! I did sneak one dough ball for myself, without him noticing off course and it was yummy, very fresh tasting and garlicky, but not too overpowering. The butter was very good too and helped the dough balls from being too dry.

BBQ Chicken Wrap - A Flour Tortilla Wrap Loaded with Fresh Chicken, Roasted Red Pepper, Cheddar Cheese and Crisp Iceberg Lettuce, all Mixed with BBQ sauce. Served with Coleslaw and a Choice of Salad or House Fries.
£6.95


I went for this dish with a house salad as I'm dieting but it was a massive portion, £6.95 is a bargain and I was so full, I couldn't even finish it. The wrap was very fresh, chicken was lovely and the wrap was full of flavour. A very nice lunch, the salad had too much dressing on it for me, it was very overpowering and I ended up leaving most my salad. The coleslaw tasted fresh and homemade and it was a very filling and yummy lunch. Tom loved his burger too, even if they did get the order wrong first time. 

Lemon Sorbet
£2.50
(this was supposed to be lemon sorbet)

Well, we did order lemon sorbet and after waiting about 20 minutes to get it, and with the dirty main plates still on the table as the waitress didn't clear all the plates, when this arrived we were a little surprised as the last time I checked lemon certainly isn't pink! But, the waitress explained the chef got confused and gave us raspberry sorbet instead - but strange but we ate it and it was very good, tangy and sweet and we did enjoy it. I just feel the service needed improving and the staffs attitudes were not very friendly.

A good meal, not great service, reasonably priced and I left full but they need to improve on little parts of the meal - especially the service. 




No comments:

Post a Comment