The Curry Republic, Henley in Arden, 07/05/15



This restaurant I hadn't been to in a while, The Curry Republic in Henley-in-Arden. As I don't live with my mum and dad in Henley anymore, I don't go to this curry house as often, but when I do go its always consistently good and I really enjoy it. This was the night of the Election and I went with mum and dad, once that was done we didn't want to go back and cook and therefore decided to go and have a curry - why not?! This is a very good place and voted very highly on Trip Advisor - the menu is slightly different to normal curry houses.


We walked in at 6.30, which is pretty early and therefore it was fairly quiet but the service is fantastic, the waiters are so attentive, friendly and funny. I'm not usually a big fan of curry as the sauces are very heavy but this place offers a very different menu, with lots of traditional dishes as well as specials and signature dishes. I've been trying to eat healthy and didn't want to fall off the bandwagon, which is very easy to do when your at an Indian but I viewed the menu and noticed they offer healthy dishes and this made me very happy!

Mixed Platter for Two - Jingha Nach, Chicken Tikka, Paneer Tikka and Seekh Kebab
£8.95





This was delicious! £8.95 isn't cheap for a starter at an Indian restaurant but, the waiters made the platter for two for three for us, which was nice of them. It was massive and between three of us, there was more enough food. The Jingha Nach were the prawns with the shells on, they were delicious, very tender and bouncy with a slight spice to them, I love Tiger Prawns anyway and these were very good, the Chicken Tikka was very good, little bits of chicken covered in tikka seasoning, these was very good too but needed the Mango Chutney and Mint Yoghurt otherwise they would be a little dry. The Paneer Tikka was so good, I absolutely love Panner, Indian cheese which is similar to halloumi cheese but this had a slight spice to it, I enjoyed this. The Seekh Kebab was delicious, lamb kebab on a skewer, they were fresh tasting and full of flavour. This was a fantastic starter - I loved it! 

I was excited for my main course as it was healthy and it wasn't covered in sauce, which is good for me. 

Bahari Shashlick (Combi) - Chicken Tikka Lamb Tikka, Prawn Skewers of Mushrooms, Sweet Corn, Capsicum, Onion and Tomatoes 
£11.95




















YUM! I loved this dish, I was very impressed, £11.95 isn't cheap for a curry but this was huge! There was so much food on the plate and it consisted of chicken, lamb and prawns all mixed together with vegetables and tomatoes with a side of salad - very good, all the food tasted fresh, they had a slight kick of spice and they were full of flavour. The only thing I think I would say is it could be very dry, you definitely need the sauces with it, it helped to make the whole dish have more flavour.

This was another fantastic experience at The Curry Republic, the service was brilliant throughout, the food tastes fresh and is full of flavour, the menu has so much variety and the prices are pretty reasonable for what you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment