Miller & Carter, Hockely Heath 10/05/15


Well, you all know how much I love Miller & Carter, this was a very crazy day! Me, Tom and our friends had just completed a Skydive - yes a Skydive! 

Skydiving is the best feeling in the whole world, I can't describe how amazing it feels! But we definitely all felt we definitely deserved a delicious meal to celebrate and I straight away knew I fancied one of my favourites, Miller & Carter - always consistently good and I couldn't wait, especially after not eating all day and having a huge adrenaline rush!
It was around 4pm on a Sunday afternoon, it was fairly busy but luckily we got a table straight away. The service was very good, our waitress took our drinks order straight away and bought them over to us quickly and efficiently. Off course, I had to have a cocktail - I had just jumped 12,000 feet out of a plane, I think I deserved one!

The menu has so much choice - its got something for everyone, Burgers, Fish, Grills and off course - Steaks, it is a Steakhouse after all. They have so many different choices and cuts of meat, its a very varied menu and you definitely wouldn't struggle to find something to eat. We decided to get starters as we were all starving!

Sharing Platter - Smoked Barbecue Ribs, Baked Cheddar Mushrooms, Dusted Calamari, Nachos, Smoked Chipotle & Honey Chicken Wings, Sweet Potato Fries and Garlic Bread
£12.95


We ordered two of these as there were four of us, I liked the way this is presented is very good on a grey slate plate. It looked very colourful and appetising and I couldn't wait to get stuck in! The BBQ Ribs were tender and juicy, they had a crispy skin and were smothered in tangy BBQ sauce, the Baked Cheddar Mushrooms were very good, they were in a little bowl with cheese and garlic and they were so tasty, perfect sauce to dip the garlic bread into. The Calamari was very good too, they weren't chewy or overcooked. The Nachos were crispy and had a very generous amount of sauce on them. All finished off with some Sweet Potato Fries, a fantastic starter and I loved each component on it, they were all tasty and full of flavour and I feel for £12.50 - its good value for the amount you get. 

Rump 8oz - Medium Rare, Onion Loaf, Sweet Potato Fries Served With Mushroom Sauce 
& Honey Mustard Lettuce Wedge
£12.95

Again, I feel this is a very reasonable price for what you get, each steak comes with a choice of side from jacket potato, fries etc then a choice of steak sauce, and lastly, a choice of lettuce wedge from Garlic Mayo & Parmesan, Stilton & Blue Cheese, Classic Cocktail or Bacon & Honey Mustard.

This was a fantastic meal - my steak was cooked perfectly, a little pink but not too bloody. The sweet potato fries were delicious, crispy on the outside but soft and fluffy in the middle, the onion loaf is delicious, crispy on the outside, tangy, sweet onions and goes very well with the steak - the mushroom sauce was delicious, very rich and earthy. 

I throughly enjoyed my meal at Miller & Carter once again, it didn't disappoint. Service was fantastic, food is delicious, very good prices and a brilliant experience - great way to end a excellent day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment