The Cosy Club Launch Night, Birmingham 14/05/15


I was lucky enough to get invited to the launch night of The Cosy Club in Birmingham, Bennetts Hill. It had just opened and a group of bloggers, food reviewers and press were invited to the launch night. Its a quirky, casual dining/bar with a very homely atmosphere, I was excited to see what it was all about!
On arrival, it was very busy! The room was pretty much full of bloggers - I went to get myself a drink at the bar - all wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks were included within the night, free drinks is always a bonus! It's decor is very unusual, traditional and quite old-fashioned, it does almost feel as if you are sat in someones living room.



I didn't really see the normal menu, but after having a look online its got a varied choice, they offer brunch until 6pm, burgers, sandwiches, main courses and a Tapas menu - we were lucky to try a sample of some of the Tapas dishes they do, they are usually £3.95 each or 3 for £11.50 - which I felt is pretty good value. We got to try 6 of the different Tapas dishes.

Mini Cumberland sausages with a sticky honey, wholegrain mustard and cider sauce 


Smoked paprika pulled chicken and chorizo with crispy new potatoes 


Crispy potatoes with pesto mayonnaise 


Pan-fried halloumi, carrot and chickpeas with a sweet and sour chilli sauce 


Sweet potato and basil falafels with cumin & coriander yoghurt 


Mushroom rarebit made with our guest ale and strong mature cheddar 



It's hard to judge the service, or the staff as it was so busy and not a normal meal, I would like to go back and try out the other components of the menu and get a proper experience. Although, the food I did try was very good, it was all full of flavour and tasty. The mini Cumberland sausages were one of my favourite dishes as I love sausages and anything in honey & mustard makes me happy - it was sweet, tangy and delicious. I thoroughly enjoyed these. The pulled chicken was unusual, I had never had pulled chicken before but it was very good, the chorizo helped give it a slick kick and give it some flavour. The crispy potatoes with pesto mayonnaise were very good, crispy skin with fluffy potatoes and the pesto mayonnaise helped give the potatoes some flavour, otherwise they would've been very plain and boring. The pan fried halloumi with carrot and chickpeas was unusual, I couldn't really taste the sweet chilli sauce though, it could've had more on it for me. The sweet potato and basil falafels were so delicious, I really enjoyed these! They were crispy and full of flavour. Lastly, the crispy mushroom rarebit was ok - I felt the cheese was a little overcooked and therefore was separate from the mushrooms, it just felt like mushrooms with a bit of cheese on top - I think this particular tapas dish needs improving - but only slightly.

A very fun night, it was great to try all the different dishes, the drinks were lovely, very nice venue, reasonably priced, yummy food and a nice night! I would go back to try the other bits of the menu. Thank you having me Cosy Club!

*This was paid for by Cosy Club but as always, all opinions are my own. 




No comments:

Post a Comment