Marco's Blogger Night, Kenilworth, 21/05/15

I was lucky enough to get invited to a Blogger Evening at the new Marco Pierre White restaurant in Kenilworth, attached to the Holiday Inn. It's a New York/Italian restaurant, the same as the one recently opened in Stratford. The Marco chain is now up to 15 restaurants, with Leicester and Oxford opening restaurants too! This was an evening for us blogger girls to sample the drinks, menu and the service! I was very much looking forward to it, its not every day you get to go to a Marco Pierre White restaurant!
The evening was lovely, I was one of the first to arrive, I was excited that a blogger event was located in Warwickshire as I'm a West Midlands/Warwickshire based food blogger, this was exciting news! I was shown to the bar area where I ordered my first cocktail, the service behind the bar was very good, efficient and friendly.

I went for a Raspberry & Elderflower Collins
£6.95

This is the average price for a cocktail and this was very good, nice to see fresh raspberries on it too! 

The second drink I had was a Mocktail - this was very good too, had a nice taste of berries but it was a little bit too creamy for my liking!

Eventually the other blogger girls started to arrive, which was good as I was very hungry and couldn't wait to try the food! The menu has lots of choice from traditional Italian dishes to American favourites. 

They bought us a bread platter to start, which was very good - fresh crusty bread with oil and vinegar and olives, a lovely start.

Garlic & Lemon Prawns - On Toasted Rustic Bread
£7.95


This was very good, it was presented nicely on the plate, I feel £7.95 is quite expensive for a starter and if I was paying for this myself I would've probably expected tiger prawns, these were pretty small. But, they were cooked to perfection and the sauce they came in was delicious - I could've drunk a cup of the sauce! Very rich, sweet and tangy. A very good starter, I thoroughly enjoyed it, just feel it is slightly over priced.

A few of the other blogger girls had the Sharing Antipasto Misto and this looked delicious, I had slight food envy!


The blogger girls seemed to really enjoy this, it had lots of different components to it and I would definitely have this if I was going again.

10oz Rump Steak with Lazy Fries & Garlic Roasted Tomato & Mushroom Sauce
£19.95

I love my steak and I was very excited, 10oz is huge too! I liked the presentation on the plate, it was a grey slate style plate and I really liked it. It was tasty, the lazy fries were so good, crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle. The tomato was very good, it was covered in garlic and this is always a good thing with me! The steak, was a little undercooked for me - but they were having a busy night so I understand, I ordered it Medium Rare but it was probably Medium - but this was only a little complaint. It was a tender juicy cut of meat and it definitely a fair sized portion for the price! A very good main course.

The other ladies meals looked very good too:

Organic Salmon - Oven Roasted with Gnocchi, Peas, Rocket & Basil
£17.95



Chicken Saltimbocca - Lemon Butter, Rosemary Roasted Pototes
£17.95


Everyone seemed to be enjoying their meals and it was a lovely evening!

I was SO full but I had to try the dessert, everyone was having one too - I couldn't be the left out one!

Selection of Sorbets - Raspberry & Mango & Passion Fruit
£5.95

I could barley eat this as I was so full but the Sorbet was delicious, very fresh tasting and refreshing flavours. A lovely dessert and I felt £5.95 is good value too.









No comments:

Post a Comment