The Three Cups, Stamford Bridge 03/05/15



















Wahey, its May and time for more blog posts and different restaurants to try! I was on weekend away with my friends camping near York. It was my good friend, Faiths birthday so on the Sunday we decided to take a walk into Stamford Bridge and find a pub, The Three Cups, a very pretty, VERY little village about 2 miles away. It was a lovely afternoon and we were all starving by the time we arrived, 10 of us sat down, ordered drinks and pursued the menu for a while. It was a country pub, with picturesque surroundings. It had a lovely family atmosphere and the service was very good, our waiter was very funny and kept making jokes, which made us feel very at home.
I didn't fancy a Sunday Roast dinner, I'm not actually a massive fan of them anyway and they are quite heavy! The menu has so much choice, its got many different dishes, its a Vintage Inn pub and therefore the menu is pretty reasonably priced and has something for everyone.

Fishermans Sharing Platter - Treacle Cured Salmon with Capers, Cask Ale Battered Cod Goujons with Tartare Sauce, Atlantic Mini Prawn Cocktail, Crispy Squid and Chorizo Salad, Dressed Slaw, Crusty Cob & Butter
£12.50 




















This is usually a sharing starter for two people but I decided to have it as my main course, because … well why not! I love fish and was excited to try this.

It looked good on the plate, however it did looked slightly dry and there was a lot of battered/breaded stuff, which I wasn't expecting. Also, the chorizo salad was definitely lacking in chorizo, which is never good as I love chorizo! I would say this dish was ok, I don't think it was amazing and I've definitely had better fish platters! The prawn cocktail was a little watery, and there wasn't enough bread to mop up the sauce! The smoked salmon was smokey and tasty, probably my favourite component on the dish. The crispy quid was very crispy, a little too crispy, it was a little chewy and the batter was a bit too hard, I wasn't impressed. The fish goujons were the same, they were a little over cooked and dry. The dish really needs some more sauce, and 100% some tartare! This was a disappointed if I'm honest, which was a shame as the service was fantastic!

A very lovely visit, a country, family pub, with a very good atmosphere and the service was brilliant from start to finish but the food needs improving, everyone else on the table seemed to enjoy their meals so maybe I just had the wrong thing! I felt for £12.50, it was lacking flavour and thats pretty expensive for a starter, even as a sharing starter!

No comments:

Post a Comment