Marco Pierre Whites, Stratford, 30/05/15





















I was lucky enough to get invited by The Ed James Group to go to Marco Pierre White's Restaurant in Stratford-Upon-Avon, as I'm not just a Birmingham food blogger, this made me happy. I was very excited to try it as I hadn't been before and after trying the Kenilworth one, I was expecting good things!

Marco Pierre White's restaurant in Startford is an Italian/ New York restaurant, combining both of Marco's loves. We booked in at 6.30 and it was actually pretty busy already, which I was surprised as it was early and it got even busier as the night went on.

I started with a cocktail ... well what else?!

Peach Bellini

























The service was fantastic from start to finish, I couldn't fault it! The waiters made us feel very special and it was lovely to treat my mum. They were very attentive, friendly and helpful.

We started with some Bread & Olives
£3.75

The bread was delicious and it was huge! So much bread for two of us, it was very crusty and fresh and I loved the garlic butter, it was the perfect blend of butter and garlic and the olives were tangy and delicious!

After seeing the starters at the Blogger Event in Kenilworth, I knew exactly what starter to have.

Antipasto Misto - Salami Milano, prosciutto, roasted Mediterranean vegetables, buffalo mozzarella, tomato bruschetta, olives, baked mushrooms stuffed with spinach & blue cheese.
£14.95






















This was delicious! I loved it, it was massive for two people too, definitely more than enough food. The Salami was fresh tasty and meaty, the roasted Mediterranean vegetables were cooked al dente and were very well seasoned, the bruschetta was fresh and refreshing and the baked mushroom was SO good, the spinach and blue cheese gave it so much flavour and I could've eaten 10 of these! An excellent starter, £14.95 isn't cheap for an Antipasto board but this did have many different components on it and I could tell they used fresh, good quality ingredients.

Now for the mains .. ( I was already getting full, I have to admit!)

New York Rack of Ribs with BBQ Sauce, lazy fries and crunchy slaw 
£18.50

























WOW, I loved the presentation, the grey plates were very nice and the food looked almost too good to eat on it .. almost! I love ribs and this didn't disappoint, they were tender, cooked well and the meat fell off the bone, which is how it should be. There was a generous amount of BBQ sauce, with extra in a jug, which definitely suited me as I'm the sauce queen, I can never have too much sauce and usually dishes don't have enough - so this made me happy! The chips were perfectly cooked, crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the middle - the perfect chip! The slaw tasted fresh and homemade and went very well with the rest of the meal. I throughly enjoyed this meal, I even took a doggy bag away with me for lunch the next day! 

My mum had the Americana Pizza - Tomato, Mozzarella and Spicy Sausage
£8.95

























She throughly enjoyed it, which is unusual as she doesn't usually like pizza but she said the crust was thin and crispy and it had a generous amount of toppings, which were full of flavour - she even ate every last bite!

I was SO full but I had to have dessert, it was a Saturday night and well, its dessert, it has to be done!

Vanilla Pannacotta - Topped with Raspberry Coulis
£5.95

























I felt £5.95 was pretty reasonable for a dessert at Marco's and it was absolutely delicious! I liked how it was light and not too filling. The Pannacotta was full of flavour and I could taste the fresh vanilla pods, the raspberry coulis on top was tangy but sweet and the whole dessert was a real treat, I throughly enjoyed it and even though I was incredibly full, I managed to eat the whole thing. 

Overall, a very good experience at Marco's - I liked the decor and the service was faultless from start to finish, the food was full of flavour and tasty, with reasonable sized portions. I have no complaints.

Thanks to the Ed James Group for my meal. 

*All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment