Boston Tea Party, Harborne, 31/05/15


Again .. yes! After the first time at the Worcester one, I had to go again. This time I took my mum and dad, and we tried the Harborne Boston Tea Party. This is quickly becoming my favourite place for brunch. We went at about midday and it was full - the queue was out the door! I couldn't believe it. Luckily, we managed to get a table pretty quickly.
The menu is the same as the Worcester one, but the venue is way bigger - it was huge inside and had an upstairs. You have to order at the bar, which is covered in freshly made cakes, cookies and flapjacks - which all look so tempting and delicious!

Even though the queue at the counter was huge, it went very quickly and I was only waiting 5 minutes or so, which I thought was very impressive. The staff are all so friendly and welcoming, the place has a very buzzy atmosphere too.

I wanted to try something different this time, but the whole menu sounds so good and I want to try everything! I like how they offer lighter breakfasts too - good for my new healthy eating plan.

I love how the OJ comes in a cute jar with a handle - and I could tell its freshly squeezed, its very refreshing and is served ice cold - which always suits me.

I was so excited for my breakfast as the description sounded amazing and I have seen a few people on social media have this.

Chorizo Hash - Poached Eggs, Mushrooms, Spinach & Roasted Tomatoes
£7.50

My dad went for The Boss Breakfast - Bacon, Sausage, Hogs Pudding, Roasted New Potatoes, Roasted Tomatoes, Scrambled Egg, Baked Beans & Two Rounds of Toast
£9.50
The breakfasts here definitely are not cheap compared to your greasy spoon cafe but they are worth every penny and you can tell the food is fresh and good quality ingredients are used.

My chorizo hash was delicious! I could've eaten 10 of them, the chorizo wasn't overpowering but it had a nice kick, the poached eggs were perfectly runny and the roasted tomatoes tasted fresh and were tangy and sweet. A perfect breakfast and I loved it all, yum! 

My dad seemed to really enjoy The Boss breakfast too - it was just the right size for him and he said it wasn't greasy at all and could see the food was of a high quality, the sausages were meaty, the bacon was fresh and the components all worked together nicely. A very good breakfast and we all left feeling satisfied. 

I couldn't walk out without trying one of the delicious cakes, I went for the Chocolate & Raspberry Flapjack

I had this later on that day and it was still very good, the chocolate was smooth on the top - the flapjack oats were gooey and sweet and the fresh raspberries gave the whole thing a lovely tang. I could definitely tell this was freshly made on site and I have no complaints.

Another fantastic experience at the BTP - the service is faultless, the staff all work very hard, the food is delicious and tasty, using fresh ingredients and produce, the atmosphere is lovely and you leave feeling very satisfied - yes it may not be cheap but it is worth every penny, I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment