Prezzo, Bromsgrove, 09/04/15












This review is another classic favourite of mine, Prezzo - but this time the one in Bromsgrove. Prezzo is always good and they have vouchers and offers available most the time, they give 25% student discount and they also accept the Taste Card - getting you 2for1 on weekdays/nights. I was meeting the girls about 8pm on a weeknight - I was starving by the time I got there and couldn't wait to eat! The one in Bromsgrove is a massive restaurant, right on the High Street - we booked a table, not thinking we would need it but as we arrived the place was full!

I ordered a S.Pellegrino (£2.55) I love these drinks, they are so refreshing! The menu has  a varied choice on it and its always hard to decide what to eat! I like the fact they offer healthier options too - they can make the pastas and pizzas healthier for you if you wish, they are slightly more expensive but good if your on that holiday diet.

We decided to share a few starters as we were so hungry!

Four Flatbreads to Share - N’duja Sausage and Mozzarella; Mini Bruschetta; Prosciutto, Mozzarella and Tomato; and A Mini Pane Con Cipolla. Served with Rocket and Sunblushed Tomatoes
£7.95



& Garlic Bread with Mozzarella 
£4.45

















Both starters were very good, they were generous sized portions and for the price, I felt they were good value. The Flatbreads were my favourite - the flatbread tasted fresh and they were crispy and not too doughy. The sausage one was a little spicy but the mozzarella helped to calm it down, the mini bruschetta was very tasty and tasted fresh with a generous helping of salad, the mozzarella and caramelised onion one was probably my favourite - tangy onions with just the right amount of sugar topped on a flatbread with gooey mozzarella on it. All four were very good and a perfect sized starter to share between the four of us, the cheesy garlic bread helped to bulk it out slightly too.

My main course took ages to decide! I wanted a particular dish but they informed me it was pretty spicy, which put me off so at the very last minute I made an impulse decision.

Chicken Ravioli - with Pancetta, Peas & Leeks in a Carbonara Sauce
£10.95


























To be honest, this portion size was actually quite small, I feel for £10.95 there should be more pasta in the bowl, I know pasta is filling but this was a fairly little portion. However, the taste was very good. The pasta was perfectly cooked and filled with moist chicken, the pasta was then topped with crispy and smoky pancetta, leeks and peas all drizzed in a rich Carbonara Sauce - this was very creamy and rich but made the whole dish come together, the one thing I would say is I think the dish needed more sauce - but as you all know, I love my sauce and like my food drenched in it! This was a very good meal, just needs slightly more in the bowl and a little more sauce. 

Overall, Prezzo didn't disappoint again, the service was a little slow but it was a very busy night, the food was so yummy and tasty, full of flavour and reasonably priced at about £15 each, a lovely place to go for a weeknight meal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment