Boston Tea Party, Worcester 11/04/15










This was a place I was very excited to try! The Boston Tea Party serve breakfast/brunch, they have two locations: Birmingham (Harborne) and Worcester. I had heard so many good things about this place and their Instagram/Facebook always draws me in with the delicious looking food. Me and Tom went our for the day to Worcester and therefore I HAD to make a stop for breakfast at the BTP. They are an Independent British Cafe with a mission to serve good, honest, fresh food.

The place itself is right on Worcester High Street and its so lovely inside, bright and modern with a bohemian look to it. Its quite small with about 10 tables inside and a breakfast bar you can sit out. We found a table, viewed the menu and I went to order at the counter, which was full of fresh and delicious looking cakes.


















Their menu is up on the walls behind the counter on blackboards - they have a wide array of drinks too from fresh smoothies and soft drinks. They have jugs of juice on the counter with labels so you can see what each jug is. I really liked the concept and it was a beautiful location. I just hoped the food lived up to the place!

I had a freshly squeezed orange juice which was served in a cute jam jar style glass with a straw, love it! It was very cold, and I could tell it was fresh as it was full of juicy bits!

















































They have quite a big Brunch Menu with many different choices on it - they offer the traditional fry up as well as Pancakes and different egg dishes (Eggs Florentine etc.) I liked the fact they offer healthy breakfasts too - this is always a good thing when I'm trying to cut down on rubbish food at the moment! They also offer lighter meals such as Toast or Porridge. They are open all evening too and offer a Main Menu which includes Burgers, Mezze and Sandwiches - all of which sound delicious!

Smoked Salmon, Scrambled Eggs & Avocado on Sourdough Toast
£7.50


























This looked so good on the plate, the presentation was lovely, very colourful and appetising! I felt £7.50 was quite expensive for breakfast but this was totally worth it! The food was fresh, full of flavour and I could tell it was made with quality ingredients and was healthy. The Sour Dough bread had a lovely crunch to it and wasn't as heavy as normal bread, the smoked salmon was fresh, smokey and so yummy, the scrambled eggs were cooked perfectly, not overly runny or overcooked and the avocado helped to finish the whole dish off, I love avocado and its everywhere at the moment! This was a fantastic breakfast, and yes it wasn't cheap but it was worth every penny in my eyes, I would definitely eat here every weekend if I could!

I couldn't leave without trying one of the amazing looking cakes on the counter, which are all freshly made each day on site.

Carrot Cake Slice
£3.95


























The cakes also aren't cheap at The BTP but they are all fresh and made from quality ingredients, meaning I don't mind spending a little bit more. This Carrot Cake was a big portion and was so tasty, the sponge was moist and full of flavour and the icing was creamy, sweet and topped with crunchy nuts. Very good cake and I throughly enjoyed it.

Overall, I loved The Boston Tea Party - the menu has so much choice, including very healthy options, all the food is freshly made on site and made from quality ingredients, its not cheap but it is worth it, the food is delicious, service was faultless and the place is so cool. I will definitely return! Going to try the Harborne one next.


No comments:

Post a Comment