Loch Fyne, Knowle 20/06/14

Another favourite restaurant of mine Loch Fyne in Knowle, my boyfriend Tom had never been before and I knew he would love it so we decided to go on a Friday night after a lovely spa day with Jayne. 

As always, the restaurant is so clean and tidy and the service is brilliant. We were shown to our table quickly and asked for drinks straight away, they came very promptly so we could have our drinks whilst looking at the menu. The menu has SO much choice and it is always hard to decide what to eat as it all sounds so yummy. 

We decided to have starters and mains and skip dessert (trying to be healthy!)



Loch Fyne Chilli and Garlic King Prawns-pan fried with lemon oil, 
served with granary bread 
£6.45
The starters are not cheap at Loch Fyne, I always think anything over £6 is expensive for a starter but the food is delicious and it is worth every penny. This particular starter is one of my favourites, I love prawns anyway but these are cooked to perfection and they are de-shelled which is so much easier, no mess! You get quite a big portion for the price too and the sauce the prawns are in is to die for! Its so garlicky, but with a hint of tang from the lemon and then a slight kick from the chilli-beautiful starter and the bread is perfect to mop the sauce up with afterwards! 


For my main course I kept it quite simple, I didn't want anything too heavy.

As well as the normal menu Loch Fyne offer a 'Fresh from our fish bar' section of the menu where you can choose a fish from, Sea Bass, Salmon, Hake or their seasonal fish (you have to ask what this is.)  You can then decide how you want your fish cooked, pan-fried, grilled or steamed.
Then you choose a sauce: hollandaise, tomato salsa, parsley or chilli and coriander butter.
Lastly, you choose two sides from:  dauphinoise, french fries, broccoli, samphire, seafood medley, potato chips, new potatoes, green beans or salad. 

I went for:
Pan-fried Hake Fillet Served with French Fries, Samphire and Parsley Sauce.
£15.45
This is how it came, the meals are presented very well-I always like chips that are served separately, it looks neater on the plate. It is a very good sized portion too-I felt incredibly full afterwards but it isn't too big. The hake was cooked perfectly, it is quite a meaty fish so it needs to be cooked well. I love samphire and it goes so well with fish, therefore each part of this dish complimented each other. The sauce was yummy too and not too rich to spoil the taste of the hake. The whole dish was delicious and I couldn't say a bad word about it. Perfection from start to finish and Tom loved it, he definitely wants to go back and when he is paying-I have no problem with this!  

Loch Fyne-once again, faultless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment