I'm back.. Mad Hatters Afternoon Tea, Oxford Street, Sanderson HotelJanuary 4/01/2014 & 19/06/2014


Hey again guys! I know I've been gone a while but I was concentrating on University work and my dissertation and haven't had time, but now I'm back and will be writing regular blog posts again. I know you've missed me!

So, I'm starting again with a big one-for my best friend, Jaynes Christmas present I bought her a day trip to London and paid for us to go to the Mad Hatters Afternoon Tea @ The Sanderson Hotel on Oxford Street and we both loved it so much, I decided to book it again for my other friend, Faiths 21st birthday present. It is the best afternoon tea I have ever been to and it was brilliant from start to finish-the hotel from the outside doesn't look like much but inside- wow! It is beautiful. 

Outside of hotel
Bar

The setting for the afternoon tea is so cool, its an inside.outside theme, you sit under shelter but there are trees and a fountain, its so different. 




I couldn't fault the service either, from start to finish it was impeccable. The waiters help you out and get you anything you want and explain the menu is so much detail so you understand exactly what you are eating. There is such attention to detail in every part of the afternoon tea, even down to the napkin!



The table setting


Each napkin has a different Alice in Wonderland quote on it 

The sugar is even a music box!  

The menu is crafted from the Alice in Wonderland books 

The different teas on offer are unique and wonderful-rhubarb and custard, strawberries and cream, apple pie and chocolate. Each as delicious as they sound!! And the teapot they come in makes it even more special ...
You can even pose with the paper crown!

Well, you probably want to hear about the food now. 



When this very impressive cake stand gets bought out to you and placed on the table, you are very much in awe of it. It's so colourful, bright and well.. Tempting. Each level looking so tasty, my mouth was watering just looking at it! The waiter describes each part of the masterpiece to you-but to be honest I was too engrossed in staring at it to even listen. Thank god for the menu! 

A plate with separate sandwiches were bought out too.. 
Yes, these are sandwiches. Crazy huh? They are so delicate and well presented. The beauty of this place-you can keep ordering more of what you love! 

I know, the colour of this sandwich isn't the most appealing but it is tastier than it looks. It's smoked salmon on rye bread. 

This was the classic cucumber sandwich with a twist-on spinach bread. 

This is eye mayonnaise on lemon bread-the bread is slightly too sweet on this sandwich for my liking but I do have a phobia about sweet and savoury together so that explains that! 

I'm saving the best till last:
Ham on tomato bread, delicious!! 

You also get quiche with the savoury section. 
As well as savoury scones, mine were olive flavoured with herb butter. 

We decided to have all the teas and try them all as they all sounded amazing! 

This was strawberries and cream
And this was apple pie flavour. Yum yum. 

Now onto the fun part, the sweet stuff! I felt like I had fallen into the set of Charlie and the Chocolate factory. It was SO exciting! We didn't even know where to start. 


This top layer was unusual, it was marshmallow mushrooms and meringue carrots.        

 The carrots were so strange to eat, as I almost felt I should've been biting into a hard carrot but instead it was a sweet flaky texture, very Heston! The marshmallows were just what I expected. 
This was such an exciting layer of cakes! 

The chocolate cups were green tea mousse, chocolate outside with popping candy! Unusual, crazy but oh so good! I wasn't quite sure how green tea would taste with chocolate but it went so well and the popping candy gave it that crunch. 


A Victoria sponge clock, layers of cake, cream and strawberry. What could possibly be better?! Classic, traditional yet so damn tasty! 


OH MY GOD, this dessert was to die for! 

Mango cheesecake incased in white chocolate. Yes the stripy outside was edible, I couldn't believe it. It looked almost too good to eat but I'm so so glad I ate it as it was probably one of the best desserts I've ever ever had! The outside was white chocolate mousse and when you put your fork in it, it exploded with yellow juice (almost like an egg!) but the juice was so delicious, fresh and sweet. Such an amazing dessert and I could eat it over and over again and never get bored. 


Lastly, we decided to have the drink me potion-it was passion fruit flavoured mousse that you could drink. Soooo good. 

This whole afternoon was spectactual from beginning to end-I loved every second of it. The service was brilliant and the food was to die for! It isn't cheap but it's worth every penny and more! 







No comments:

Post a Comment