The Black Swan, Henley in Arden 5/12/13

<


















Another personal favourite restaurant of mine; The Black Swan in Henley-in-Arden, its only a 5 minute walk away too! What more could I want?! It's a typical pubby pub, very traditional with real wood fires and beams. Lovely inside and the service and food is always brilliant. This particular time it was just my dad and I-we went after he finished work.




It wasn't very busy but it was only 6.30, very early. The menu doesn't have loads of choice but its always hard to decide what to have to eat as everything sounds so good, its a very traditional menu with typical pub classics on it. I order the same thing here often, the pork belly off course! However, this time they had ran out! What was I going to do?! But luckily the menu has so many yummy choices and they are so reasonably priced. I think the most expensive dish is around £15 and its a mixed grill with so much on it, at any other restaurant it would be well over £20! 

I had to quickly decide a replacement meal, I really fancied pork so it was an easy decision.

10oz Gammon with eggs, chips and peas
 I'm not 100% sure how much this was, but its around £8 which is a bargain for what you get! The portion sizes are always huge, too much to be honest as I can never finish it! For the price you can't believe how much food you get-even though I have been to this restaurant so many times, it still shocks me! The food comes out quickly and efficiently with brilliant service from the friendly staff.  A 10oz gammon for £8 is insane, the food itself is always hot-just how food should be! The chips are so good, they are proper pub chips, chunky but fluffy on the inside! Perfect pub meal-I can't go into too much detail as its Gammon, Egg & Chips but this is the perfect place to go for a hearty pub meal that will fill you up, be hot and comes with brilliant service. Couldn't fault it. 10/10 as always.








No comments:

Post a Comment