Homemade Dinner, Chicken Escalope with a Mediterranean Salsa & Stilton 21/11/13


Yes, she's cooking again! Sorry guys, soon I won't be doing any restaurant reviews, it'll all be my own cooking.. ha! No, somehow I cant see that happening.

This time I invented this dinner, I didn't follow a recipe-I really am getting brave and adventurous!

I made Chicken Escalope with parmentier potatoes and salad.




Ingredients:
  • Chicken Breast
  • Breadcrumbs
  • Tomato
  • Red Onion
  • Mushrooms
  • Stilton
  • Potatoes
  • Salad

Firstly, I bashed the chicken breast so they were thinner and therefore easier to coat and cook. Then I prepared the potatoes by peeling them and cutting them into little cubes, I then put them on to boil so they went soft and therefore wouldn't take as long to cook. I then preheated the oven to 180 and placed a pan with oil in there so the oil would be hot, ready for the potatoes. 

I then prepared the salsa, whilst the potatoes were boiling. I cut tomatoes, red onions and mushrooms up really small, into little cubes and placed in a bowl ready for later. 

I then took the potatoes of the boil, drained them and put them in the hot oil and in the oven for around 40 minutes.

I then pre-cooked the chicken slightly in a frying pan so they were almost cooked and slightly brown on the outside.

Once they were slightly cooked, I dipped them in flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs and placed them in the oven for around 10 minutes to cook more

I then prepared the salad for the garnish

Then I took the chicken out the oven, placed the salsa on top with crumbled stilton all over it-put it back in the oven for another 5 or so minutes, until the stilton was melted! 

Then serve!




Voila! It was so yummy, the stilton and salsa went so well together with the breaded chicken and these potatoes and salad. Delicious and I was especially proud as I made the recipe up from scratch!

No comments:

Post a Comment