Amsterdam, 28-30th November


My friends and I went for a trip to Amsterdam for a mini city break for Rachel's birthday. We had such a good time, the city is beautiful and everyone is so laid back and relaxed-probably down to all the weed they smoke ha! But we ate in lots of different places whilst there so perfect opportunity to do a food blog, an abroad food blog!


On the first day we went to a little cafe in the street to have a quick cheap lunch. It was a very basic menu, sandwiches, baguettes, pannis etc. I decided to go for a sandwich with a bowl of chips as we didn't want loads as we were going out for dinner later that evening.

Chicken Club Sandwich
I'm not quite sure how much it was but it definitely wasn't anymore than £5 which is very reasonably priced. The sandwich was massive too! It looked nice on the plate, although there could've been more salad garnish. The sandwich however tasted very good, there was certainly enough filling too-they weren't stingy at all! I was very full after this lunch and couldn't even finish the second sandwich. So far, a good start to the Amsterdam restaurants. 

For dinner, I have a slight confession to make. We ended up in a coffee shop in the afternoon and therefore we were all too high to carry on the day and ended up back in the hotel room napping oops! Therefore when we woke up at about 8pm, we were starving and didn't know where to go and remembered we had seen a Hard Rock Cafe earlier in the day and decided to go there as we knew the food would be good and we wanted yummy food as we all had the munchies by this point! It was very busy and they told us it would be up to an hour wait for a table, so we went down to the bar to get drinks-I needed a massive cocktail! When we found a table at the bar the waitress informed us we could eat down here, all starving this is what we did! The menu was the same as it always is-so much choice all of which sounds delicious. 

Cheese & Bacon Burger 
YUM! Just what I needed, after hardly eating all day, walking around so much, getting high, napping and getting so lost this burger was just what I needed! As you can see, it looked so good! The presentation isn't great and this picture doesn't make it look too appetising but it was so good, I liked how they put the salad on the side of the plate and not in the burger-I always end up taking out the gherkin and tomato out of my burger and this saved that hassle. The chips were delicious, so crispy but soft on the inside. The burger itself was delicious too, the beef was cooked perfectly-medium rare as I like it and the cheese was actually melted, burgers sometimes have non-melted cheese in them and I hate that. This was so good and I certainly felt full after. It wasn't cheap at around £25 each for the meals but it was so yummy.

29th Novemeber

This night we felt more awake and decided to venture out to China Town for dinner as it is right next door to the red light district which we wanted to have an explore round. My dad suggested Chinese too as apparently the Chinese food is so good there. It took us ages to find China Town-everything takes ages to find in Amsterdam! But finally we found it, all the restaurants were very expensive so it took a while to decide which one to go for, eventually we found one that was very reasonably priced. The menu wasn't as exciting as I hoped as I wanted to try something different but I guess you have to pay a lot for that. However, I love Chinese food so I didn't mind. I decided to go for 2 starters and have them at the same time.

BBQ Ribs
& Aromatic Duck Wraps
 Both dishes looked very good, they were a good size too. The ribs were cooked perfectly, falling off the bone and incredibly tender. The sauce they were in was delicious too, it was very tangy but sweet. The duck wraps were also very good-they were very similar to the Chinese in England but they tasted a bit better in Amsterdam, they were less greasy and fatty. The cucumber and spring onions work so well with the duck, hoi sin and pancakes. Such a good Chinese meal and it was perfect. At just over £18 each it wasn't too expensive either! 

No comments:

Post a Comment