Homemade Roast Dinner, 24/11/13


Wow, this is a first for me! I decided to cook my first ever roast dinner-big step! I felt nervous about this to be honest as it always looks so complicated but I was going to help with Christmas dinner this year so therefore I needed some practice, can't be ruining Christmas dinner!!

I decided to cook roast beef with roast potatoes, honey roasted carrots and parsnips, peas with bacon and leeks and Yorkshire puddings.



To be honest it went very well-I cooked the roast beef for over an hour so it was medium-rare. I then prepared the roast potatoes by firstly peeling, cutting and boiling some potatoes until they were soft, whilst they were boiling I heated up some oil in a pan in the oven, so once the potatoes were boiled I put them into the hot oil tray. 

I then prepared the parsnips and carrots by peeling them, cutting them into strips-placing them in a hot oven for around 40 minutes-the last 5 minutes I put honey on them and placed them back in the oven so they caramelised and went sweet.

I then prepared the Yorkshire pudding by putting a cup of flour, cup of milk and 2 eggs in a bowl-mix together till combined and place in oiled trays for around 10 minutes

I then did the peas, I firstly cut some leeks very thin and fried them slightly in some butter, in a separate pan I fried some bacon, I then cooked the peas in some boiled water and placed everything together.

An hour and half later..
VOILA!
The beef wasn't quite as rare as I wanted it but it was still very tasty, the Yorkshire pudding also kind of collapsed once I took it out the pan so they were flat but apart from that is was very tasty and wasn't bad at all for a first attempt!

No comments:

Post a Comment