Cosmo's, Coventry 22/11/13


A slightly different blog this time, I very rarely blog about buffets but this one Cosmos in Coventry is worth talking about! It's such good value and brilliant food-its only £6.99 for an adult for lunch time Monday-Saturday. On the evening for dinner its slightly more at £12.99 a head, still very good value for what this particular buffet offers!


They do so many different flavours and tastes to suit everyones needs. With live cooking stations for the sights and aromas of freshly cooked food where you can watch expert chefs prepare fresh ingredients in front of you. The only let down is that they don't offer the live cooking at lunch time, understandable for the price and there is certainly enough choice anyway with Japanese, Chinese, Indian and even Italian! They offer:

  • Sushi
  • Dim Sum
  • Indian Tandoori & Curry
  • Yakitori & Robata Grill
  • Teppanyaki
  • Asian Carvery
  • Pizzeria
  • Global Kitchen
  • Noodle & Wok Bar
  • Asian Deli
  • Seafood
It was so nice inside, very modern, light and spacey! 
Which is quite unusual for buffets as I feel they can look slightly dated a lot of the time but this one is so good, very clean as well and because the turn over is so quick the food always seemed fresh and was hot-another unusual element at a buffets, food is usually lukewarm.

I was especially loving the sushi! This is the plate I got for my starters, I always fill up too much on the starters!
The sushi actually taste very fresh, as well did all the other food! They offer the classic Chinese starters, prawn toasts, spring rolls, ribs, prawns, soup and they actually do peking duck wraps-very unusual again at buffets, especially at lunch time! 
The food was all delicious! I couldn't believe actually how nice it was for a buffet, the food was all yummy and I could've eaten 10 plates of starters!

Main courses, they offer so much! All the different Indian curry's from the classic to the unusual, tikka masala, korma, jalfrezi and naan breads.
Chicken tikka kebabs and lamb sheek kebabs.
 They then offer all the different Chinese dishes, sweet and sour chicken, rice, noodles, crispy beef, thai mussels, pork etc... the only let down was because we came about 2pm and they shut at 3pm they had run out of quite a lot of food but luckily they did fill up some of the dishes and it was good that they did fill them up so near the end of service, this impressed me and the food didn't let me down at all. They do offer different types of pizza too, marghertia, pepperoni and a vegetarian pizza- I didn't have any pizza as I'm not a huge fan and I feel it doesn't go very well with Chinese but it did look very good! They also offer a few other speciality dishes such as, lasagne, Mexican tacos, Caribbean jerk chicken and some British favourites like cottage pie. 

They offer LOADS of seafood too, very good for me! 
Honestly, there really is something for everyone-whether you are an adventurous eater or stick to the classics, for the price you get so much choice and I couldn't fault the food at all. The service is also very good and the cleanliness is impeccable, turnover of food is so good too-brilliant place! Best buffet I have ever been to. 

They offer a wide range of desserts too from a chocolate fountain, black forest gateau, strawberry cheesecake, tiramsisu and fresh fruit!  The drinks aren't even that expensive either which again is unusual for a buffet. I had a non-alcholic cocktail for about £4.99-not too bad! 

10/10 experience and I would go back again and again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment