Home-cooked Hunters Chicken 21/10/13


Tonight I decided to cook dinner again for the family, I decided to cook Hunters Chicken tonight as its one of my favourite meals ever and I've always wanted to try and cook it. 

Ingredients

Chicken Breasts
Bacon
BBQ Sauce
Cheese
Peas
Sweet Potatoes

I firstly fried the chicken breasts in a frying pan for about 5 minutes each side until slightly cooked, I then part cooked the bacon.

I then prepared the sweet potatoes by peeling them, cutting them into wedges and putting them in a pan with some oil in the oven for about 45 minutes.

I then put the chicken breast into a dish, wrapped bacon round it and put that in the oven for 20 or so minutes, I then covered it in BBQ sauce so the dish was full, put cheese on top and put back in the oven for another 10-20 minutes, checking the sauce doesn't burn.

Lastly I put the peas in boiling water for 5 minutes until cooked and eventually served everything up.

The presentation wasn't great, especially as a pea fell in the sauce just before I took a picture! The whole meal was delicious, the hunters chicken was cooked perfectly and the amount of the sauce there was made the whole meal, I hate when hunters chicken hasn't got enough sauce-but this wasn't dry at all and was so tasty. Another lovely meal cooked by me, I'm getting good at this cooking thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment