Pomeroys, Kenilworth 30/09/13



This particular restaurant was one on my list of restaurants I want to try and tonight was the night. It's situated right in the middle of Kenilworth, Pomeroys so is a slight nightmare to park but luckily I found a pay & display car park behind the restaurant. The decor is very nice and modern. As its a bistro/bar its got a very young-feel and is very bright with high ceilings. 

The waitress found as a table, luckily as it was quite busy and we didn't book. The seats are all set out like booths and its very comfortable in there. The menu is SO good as well, there is so much choice and each one sounds so tasty. It definitely took me ages to decide what to have, especially as the special prix fix menu all sounded so delicious too. They offer two courses for £14.95 or three courses for £16.95 which is a very good price. I decided to go for a starter from the prix fix menu but a main from the normal menu and the waitress sorted this out for me, which I thought was really good as I was being slightly awkward but it wasn't an issue at all, which I liked. They were showing that their service was very good and they were prepared to help us out. 

The starter:

Spring Rolled King Prawns with Sweet Chilli Sauce
 The presentation was very good, it looked like a piece of art! The prawns were different to how I expected-they were a lot thinner and longer than usual but they tasted SO good, they were cooked very well and the pastry was perfectly crispy which I love, nothing worse than soggy pastry! The dipping sauce it came with was very tasty too and went so well with the prawns. It was a very yummy starter just too filling, 4 prawns was quite a lot for a starter and I was already feeling full afterwards!

For main course:

Duck Leg Confit served on Stir Fried Vegetables and Noodles with a Sweet Chilli,
 Honey and Sesame Sauce
£15.95
Again, very good presentation. It was very pretty looking and colourful! It definitely wasn't a cheap main course but it was very big and certainly filling enough! I didn't even manage to finish it all but it was incredibly tasty, the duck was cooked perfectly. Crispy confit skin but succulent, tender, rare duck on the inside and the stir fried vegetables were perfectly cooked, not too soft-perfectly al dente just as stir fried vegetables should be! The sauce it all came in was also very delicious-but it was slightly hot, a little bit too spicy for my wimpish palette! But it was incredibly tasty, sweet but with a chilli kick and yI could taste the sesame coming through the sauce. It was a very good dish, slightly too spicy for me but very tasty with many different flavours combined together. 8/10

I'm very glad I finally tried this restaurant and the food was good, the service was top class and I would certainly go back but it wasn't up to my expectations, but they were quite high after reading the comments and hearing other people talking about it. It's not voted 3/40 restaurants in Kenilworth on Trip Advisor for nothing so maybe I was just expecting a bit more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment