Turmeric Gold: Coventry 31/07/13


Another food blog, this time an Indian in Coventry; Tumeric Gold. I'm not overly keen on curry so I wasn't sure what I would think but this was a very different kind of Indian and I was very impressed. The decor inside was gorgeous, it was all very bright and colourful. The menu itself was very interesting, it was fine dinning Indian and it had very different dishes compared to a usual Indian menu which was good for me as there was a lot of options for me to eat other than curry. As soon as I saw this dish on the menu I knew I wanted it, it was on the starters but they offered it for 1 person or 2 people, so I decided to go for the starter but for 2 people as my main.




Seafood Platter: Bangla Fish, Tandoori King Prawn and Crab Rolls
£12.50
As you can see the presentation was spectacular! It was laid out beautifully and almost looked too good to eat but I'm very glad I did eat it as it was yummy! For the price I did feel it could have been slightly bigger as £12.50 isn't cheap and it wasn't a very big portion, but it was enough for me and it was SO yummy! The bangla fish was very good, it was something I had never tried before but it was yummy, slightly spicy but not too bad which was good for me! The tandoori fish was very good too but wasn't how I was expecting it to be as it was like a fishcake, it had tandoori king prawns mashed up and then covered in bread crumbs and deep fried, unusual but very tasty. The crab rolls were also very yummy! The pastry was crispy and the filling was very good, but the sauce that was on the rolls was very spicy and that slightly ruined that part for me but it was a very, very good meal! 9/10!

Not very cheap but a very good Indian with a slight twist on a normal Indian and very good service, lovely restaurant and brilliant presentation!



We all fancied a dessert but didn't want any of the Indian desserts so my two friends, Jayne & Ellen suggested we went to Playwrights in Coventry just for dessert! The restaurant itself is lovely inside and I would definitely like to go back for a meal. The dessert menu had loads of yummy choices but the waiter recommend a certain dessert on the menu, so it had to be done!

Chocolate Fudge Cake with Vanilla Pod Ice Cream
£4.50
YUMMY! As you can see it was massive & it certainly lived up to the recommendation, it was so gooey, chocolatey and just yummy! It wasn't dry at all as chocolate cake can be sometimes and the sauce helped it to be even more moist. It was perfectly warm and tasted amazing, the vanilla ice cream helped to calm the richness of the chocolate down especially as it was vanilla pod ice cream so you could see the vanilla in it which I love in ice cream, it tasted very good and the whole dessert was so good and so reasonably priced! It was definitely worth the walk down!

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment