Homemade Pizza-30/07/13

















Well this post is a slight change to my normal restaurant ones as this is a meal I actually cooked! Yes, it's taken me 21 years.. I've finally got round to cooking! As me, my mum and dad are trying to eat healthily I ordered a 365 healthy recipe book online and decided to chose a dish out of there to cook, I wanted to start simple as I've never done it before so went for a homemade pizza. 



Pizza Cassuola:
  • pizza base
  • 2 fresh tomatoes
  • anchovies 
  • capers
  • oregano 
  • mozzarella

I bought the pizza base (kind of cheated) but I didn't think I was quite ready to make dough yet! I firstly got the pizza base on the board and covered it in chopped tomatoes and passata. I then put capers on and anchovies. I wanted some meat on it so I bought some spicy sausage, cut that into circles and put that on the base, I then sprinkled oregano over to taste, I also added some mushrooms to the pizza-which wasn't in the recipe but I thought it would make the pizza taste better. I then cut mozzarella up and put it on top of the pizza and cooked in the oven at 240 for 15 minutes. 
I know it doesn't look anything amazing but I was very proud for my first attempt and it was actually yummy! Mum & dad loved it too and I was very happy with my first ever meal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment