The Kings Head, Aston Cantlow 29/07/13



Yes, another meal out! This time to The Kings Head in Aston Cantlow, where Jayne used to work. I have only been here once before to eat so it was about time I went back! The setting is lovely, a little quaint village with a very oldy worldly pub, we decided to sit outside again as it was another lovely day. 


The service is very good, they even take your drinks and food order outside, which is a bonus with me! We ordered our drinks, which came very quickly. The menu had so much good choice, it's a very fine dinning, gastro pub so the prices range from £12-£25 but they offer a 'pub classics' menu which is 5 or 6 dishes for £10 which is extremely good value. It took me ages to decide what to have because again, they have a trio of pork on the menu and we all know I'm a sucker for pork and this one sounded divine but I was a bit-porked out after having it so much recently. Therefore I decided to go for a meal of the pub classics menu:

Beef Burger with Chips & Tomato Relish
 We all know, I'm also a sucker for a burger and this one didn't disappoint! I asked for it with some cheese too as a burger has to have cheese! The presentation was very good, unusual for a burger as they aren't the easiest of meals to look pretty, but this one looked SO good, I liked the wooden board it was on and how the chips came in a mini fryer cage, thought it looked very professional and you can instantly tell this restaurant is of a high class. The food tasted as good as it looked too, the bun was very thick and lightly toasted on the outside. The burger itself was cooked perfectly, medium rare which is how it should be, lightly pink! It had incredibly good flavour too, I could tell it was seasoned well and I liked the salad in the burger too. The chips, WOW they were amazing. They were perfectly cooked, really hot, crispy on the outside but fluffy on the inside, they were some of the best chips I've ever tasted, they didn't have that typical 'pub chip' taste. The tomato salsa it came with was SO yummy too, it was so rich but sweet and worked so well with the burger. 10/10 meal and I can't believe how good it was for £10. Everybody should go to this restaurant for a meal, its top class. All 6 of us enjoyed our meal and no body was disappointed. 

We had a side of onion rings too, they are very different type of onion rings compared to the usual ones, they were almost more like onion crisps, they were actually very nice and were a interesting change to battered deep fried onion rings and they were SO moorish.

Well, we were all quite full but we looked at the dessert menu anyway and they all sounded so yummy, I was going to have the chocolate and orange mousse. But the waitress came out to inform us that as Jayne used to work here the chef was sorting us out some desserts, bonus! So out came 6 different desserts, WOW-wasn't expecting that. They all looked SO yummy too, I didn't know where to start.

 Bread Pudding & Sticky Toffee Pudding
 Sorbets: Blackcurrant, Mango, Strawberry & Lemon
Malibu Cheesecake with Pineapple & Chocolate & Orange Mousse 

Wow, as you can see.. all amazing looking desserts. The best was definitely the chocolate and orange mousse, it was so rich and actually tasted just like melted Terry's Chocolate Orange! I don't like bread pudding so I didn't try that one but the sticky toffee pudding was delicious, I don't really like toffee pudding either but this one was divine, so sweet and the sponge wasn't dry at all. My second favourite dessert had to be the Malibu cheesecake with the pineapple, yummy! It was so creamy and smooth and wasn't over powering with Malibu taste either which is good as Malibu is very sweet, the pineapple with the dessert complimented it perfectly too and it was a perfect dessert. The sorbets were also very nice, refreshing and each one tasted SO good. 10/10 desserts!

This was a perfect meal, I couldn't fault it at all-service and food were top class and I would go back again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment