Hanwell Arms: Oxford 2/08/2013


A slight road trip this time, my boss has a Marston's 10% off card so me, Rachel & Faith decided to have a nice road trip out to Oxford as I found a Marston's pub online; Hanwell Arms. They are reasonably cheap with lots to chose from. The actual outside of the pub wasn't exactly the most attractive, just looked like a normal cheap pub but I was looking forward to trying the food. 



The pub itself was quite busy, you have to order all the drinks at the bar which is a pain but it's expected in these kind of pubs. We sat down and looked at the menu, there was so much choice and I couldn't work out what to have but one certain meal stood out to me.

 Old MacDonald Burger: best of both worlds, a beef burger layered with melted cheese and bacon topped with a crispy coated chicken fillet and more bacon, all served in a tasted floured bap with lettuce and tomato. Served with chips, onion rings and BBQ sauce. 
It was HUUUUGE! Literally the biggest burger I've ever had and I definitely have never had a chicken AND a beef burger in one! The presentation was actually quite good, I really liked the chips in a bucket, thought it was a nice touch. The chips were cooked very well too, crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, the onion rings were very good too, not soggy as onion rings can be sometimes. The burger itself was actually really good too, the beef was cooked perfectly and it all went so well together with the crispy chicken, it was all SO yummy but incredibly filling! For £8.45 it's such good value too! 

Overall very good value and for £6 each with the discount it was a bargain! I would go back again!


No comments:

Post a Comment