The Rising Sun-The Costwolds 7/06/13


Me, my mum and dad went out for the day to the Costwolds and on the way back we decided to find somewhere to eat on route home. We found a Rising Sun pub near by so knowing it would be reasonably priced we went here. It was a typical rising sun pub, cheap and cheerful. The menu had loads of choice with every sort of food you could possibly imagine!

We decided not to have starters but the main course I chose was actually supposed to be a sharing starter but I really liked the sound of it!

Fish Platter: Prawn Cocktail, Whitebait, Cockles, Mackerel Pate with Chips and Toast

As you can see, this is a massive platter for a starter and definitely enough for a main course! It was laid out and presented very well and I was very impressed! The whitebait was a slight disappointment as it wasn't breaded and I love breaded whitebait but it was nice to have a change and try it without and I actually really enjoyed it, the prawn cocktail was very yummy, but there isn't too much to say about prawn cocktail to be honest as it is just prawns with sauce! The cockles, were very interesting! I've never tried them before and they were an unusual taste-very salty and strong, I really couldn't work out if I liked them or not! The mackerel pate was very good, went very well with the toast- it was strong but not over powering. The lemon mayonnaise that came with it was very good and went very well with the fish! I loved this meal and for £10.25 it was very good value for money! We ordered a side of bread, oils and olives too, the bread was very crispy and went very well with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, as they compliment each other perfectly! 

I was very full but a certain desert stood out to me on the menu and I had to order it!

Chocolate & Caramel Fudge Cake with Cream
WOW-Chocolate heaven! This was so chocolatey and gooey! The caramel in it wasn't too over powering which was good as it wasn't too sweet but to be honest, as I have a sweet tooth I could have had more caramel in this cake! The cake itself was very moist which is good as chocolate cake can be very dry sometimes. Overall a very good desert and what you would expect from these kind of pubs. 

8/10 meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment