Toby Carvery, Bromsgrove 29/07/2012

Me and my boyfriend Joe decided on a Sunday to go for a Carvery in Bromsgrove. It was just a Toby Carvery so was going to be fairly cheap but they are usually pretty good! It was VERY busy when we arrived so we got a drink at the bar as he waiter said it was only a 20 minute wait for a table. It was probably a big longer than 20 minutes once our table was ready but it was ok as it was still early. Once we sat down we both decided to go for the carvery at £9.49 each which is a Sunday price, between Monday and Friday it's £5.95 which is very cheap! £9.49 is very good also though! The Carvery que was extremely busy and took around 10-15 minutes to get to the food they have a choice between, Gammon, Turkey, Beef and Pork and you can have a miture of all 4 if you want which is good as a lot of carverys only allow you to have 1 or 2. You also get a massive Yorkshire Pudding with it and there is also sage and onion stuffing if you wish. The choice of vegetables is very large as well with a choice of peas, sweet corn, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, parsnips, cabbage, leeks, mashed potato and roast potatoes!
I went for pork, beef and gammon as I'm not a massive fan of turkey and luckily they had some crackling left ... My favourite! I also had a Yorkshire Pudding, roast potatoes, peas, stuffing, carrots and LOADS of cranberry sauce.
As you can see I definitely filled up my plate! Probably a bit too much but it's an all you can eat so why not?! The meat was a little bit too dry for my liking as I like my beef cooked on the rare side and this beef was cooked lost well done so I wasn't very keen on the beef. The pork was extremely dry, almost as if it had been left out for a while which was surprising as it was so busy! The crackling was gorgeous though as was the gammon! The Yorkshire pudding, stuffing and vegetables were my favourite bit! The roast potatoes were very crispy which is just how I love them! The vegetables were slightly over cooked for me and were a bit soft but for the price you can't really complain and carverys have to appeal to the mass audience so therefore cook food one certain way that majority of people enjoy and for the price I definitely felt that it was value for money and I did thoroughly enjoy it and was very full after! I would go back again for a carvery and would give this meal 7/10!


No comments:

Post a Comment