Crabmill, Preston Bagot 20/07/2012

Me & Jayne met our friend Andy here for lunch as its only a couple of miles away from Henley so was easy for us all I have also been to The Crabmill before and was impressed then!
I didn't even need to look at the menu when we sat down as it was between 3-6 the Crabmill do a limits menu of sandwiches or pizza however I had this sandwich e first time I visited the Crabmill and knew I wanted it again!
It's a pork, apple and leek sausage baguette with whole grain mustard and caramelised red onion jam.
This sandwich last time was to die for however I was slightly disappointed this time, I felt the baguette cold have been crispier it was a bit stale but the sausages were as gorgeous as last time and over all I was extremely happy with this and for £6.50 it isn't cheap for a sandwich but it is worth the money I just felt the bread was better last time. We shared a bowl of chips with our sandwiches as well which were perfectly crunchy and very tasty!
We decided to have some deserts so me & Jayne ordered two and shared them, as usual! We went for
Vanilla Panacotta with Strawberry's, Raspberry's & Honeycomb
&
Chocolate Brownie withVanilla Ice Cream
Both of these deserts were delicious and I couldn't fault them in anyway by their taste I did feel however that the chocolate brownie could have been slightly bigger as I was paying over £5 for it, it was quite a stingy portion! However both deserts tasted gorgeous and I would have them again! The Panacotta was very fresh and light with the fruit complimenting very well, giving it that hint of sweetness, the honeycomb worked very well also even though it was very hard to bite into! The chocolate brownie was very rich and chocolatey but extremely enjoyable and the vanilla was very refreshing against the richness of the chocolate especially as the ice cream had the real vanilla pods in it which makes the ice cream taste even better!
Over all another good meal at the Crabmill and I am very intrigued to see what the dinner is like at this place! 9/10 lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment