The Beeches, Hampton-in-Arden 17/07/2012

Decided to go for another lunch date with my friends, Laura and Jayne and I decided we should go somewhere different and I had heard a lot about a little restaurant in Hampton in Arden that had very good reviews so I thought we should give it a try and as Laura lives in Hampton it was easy.
The restaurant is very nice looking both outside and inside and has gorgeous gardens out the back which would be lovely to sit out there in the summer. The inside was also lovely with big real wood tables and flowers everywhere.
The menu was really good and a lot of choice! We had some bread and oil t start whilst waiting for Laura. They do these tasting plates you can either have 3 or depending if your sharing or not. They do say the 3 sharing bites at £11.95 is for two people to shar but you could have it to yourself whereas the 5 sharing bites are £17.95 for three people to share. I decided to go for the 3 sharing bites to myself as my main course.
I went for:


Crab Fishcakes with a Cucumber & Green Pepper Relish, Crispy Duck Spring Rolls with Plum Dipping Sauce Parma Ham with Melon & a Sweet Sauce.
I wanted the chicken wings but they had run out which was a bit of a disappointment as I found it quite hard to chose a third option.
As you can see the portion sizes aren't massive but as your getting 3 it is enough for one person, 5 wold definitely be too much! The salmon Fishcakes were gorgeous and had a lot of flavour and the sweet chilli sauce went very well with them. I would give the Fishcakes 4/5 I would have given them 5 if they had more salmon in them. The duck & Hoi sin spring rolls were more like duck & Hoi sin in a wrap but they had a lot of flavour and Hoi sin is one of my favourite tastes I thoroughly enjoyed this and would give them 4/5 as well, I probably would have preferred the, if they were actually spring rolls as I love the crunch of them but they were full of flavour and the duck was cooked perfectly! However the third dish, the Parma Ham with melon in a sweet sauce was very strange, the sauce it was covered in was incredibly bitter and I couldn't even eat it! The Parma ham itself was lovely as Parma ham usually is but it was spoilt with the melon and the sauce, I know melon is a popular fruit to go with Parma ham but I just really didn't enjoy this dish and wish they had the chicken wings on offer! Over all I was happy with my main course thou and think those taster dishes work very well for one or more people to share.
We decided to have a desert as we weren't too full. I went for:
Lemon Tart with Raspberry Sorbet
This was GORGEOUS! It was a massive desert for the price ... the tart was so yummy and the citrus taste really came through and was so smooth with no lumps, the raspberry sorbet went very well with it as well and complimented the sour of the lemon extremely well! Overall this was a brilliant desert and was probably the best part of the whole meal!
I think The Beeches is a very good restaurant with a lot of choice on the menu and I would definitely like to go back for dinner and see what it's like then! I rate this restaurant very highly if you want very good food and brilliant service, however it's not very cheap but you pay for quality! Just don't have the Parma Ham!!


No comments:

Post a Comment