Loch Fyne, Knowle 4/08/2012

For my mums birthday we decided to go to her favourite restaurant as she loves fish, Loch Fyne. I have been many times before and always enjoy it and can never fault the food and this time was certainly no exception! It was a Saturday night do was fairly busy as expected... Glad we booked especially as there was 8 of us! The menu is brilliant at Loch Fyne and I always struggle to know what to have as it all sounds so good! The special board on this night had really good options also... Decisions, decisions, decisions!
It took for a while to decide on a starter but eventually came to a decision, me and mum decided to have two oysters to share as I have only tried them once before and wasn't sure about them.
You get a choice of either 1, 6 or 12 oysters with a choice from,
traditional with ice, tempura batter with chilli jam or grilled with garlic and herb breadcrumb.
I decided to go for 1 traditional oyster on ice as it came with a horseradish dip, a garlic one and Tabasco anyway. Oysters definitely look strange but do taste better than they look! You tilt your head back and let the oyster slide in straight down your throat so you almsot don't even taste it! The garlic dip that came with them was gorgeous though and went very well!
After my oyster I went for a starter that was featured on the special board
Smoked Salmon Pâté with White Crusty Bread
This was a beautiful starter, I love smoked salmon and I enjoyed it even more as a pâté as the flavour of the smoked fish really came through and the white bread complimented it brilliantly! I loved this starter and couldn't fault it in any way, I even asked for more bread as it was THAT good!

For my main course I went for another choice featured on the special board
Grilled Hake with two King Prawns in a Garlic Creamy Sauce served with Fries
This main was indescribable! It was beautiful... Bite after bite was so tasty! The hake was cooked perfectly, so flaky and fresh and the two king prawns were so good and went with the hake very well, the prawn shells are fiddly to do but it was worth the wait as they were so succuelent- bouncy and full of flavour! The garlic cream sauce covering the hake and prawns worked incredibly well as the garlic wasn't too overpowering but gave the dish that extra flavour! Even the chips were cooked perfectly! I can't say a bad word about this meal and I ate every last bite! 10/10 ... PERFECT, PERFECT, PERFECT!!!

I even had room for desert .. This time the desert was from the normal menu!
Lemon Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream
This was also very good! Lemon tart is always a favourite of mine and is quite a light desert to eat after a big meal, the pasty was cooked perfectly and wasn't too well done so was flaky and soft. The lemon was very refreshing and the vanilla ice cream gave this desert an extra added touch! I would rate this desert 9/10 I've had better lemon tarts but it was still fantastic!
Over all this whole meal was so good and probably one of the best meals out I've had it a long time! I wold recommend this restaurant to any fish lovers and even if you dont really like fish they have other options and the decor and service is so good that anyone could go here and have a brilliant experience!


No comments:

Post a Comment