The Baraset Barn, Warwickshire, 20/06/2012

Once again me & Jayne decided to go for lunch and we thought we would try out The Baraset Barn in Alveston. It's another resturant in the chain that includes the Crabmill and The Orange Tree both of which I have previously mentioned. But we have heard that this particular restaurant is one of the best out of all the restaurants in this chain.


The decor is gorgeous, really nice tables and setting. We sat at the bar looking at the menu with a drink for a whole whilst the waitress found a table for us. The menu was quite unusual and had a lot of different dishes on it but it looked very nice. The service was pretty good, the waitress came back about 5-10 minutes later telling us our table was ready, we walked through to the restaurant which wasn't very busy at all so we couldn't work out why we had to wait for our table really but we were ready and looking forward to our lunch!
For my main course I decided on a typical favourite of mine, burgers! They are definitely my weakness and as soon as I read about this burger I had to order it! It was a, chop steak burger, iceberg, blue cheese, crispy onions, pickles, tomato salsa and fries. I decided to add bacon to it for an extra £1 so that made the burger £13.95 over all which I don't think is too bad for a burger however it certainly isn't cheap either!
The portion size wasn't massive which is good as with a starter it can be very filling! The burger itself was realllly good! The beef was cooked perfectly, medium rare and all the stuff that came with it made the burger extra special! The chips however I was slightly disappointed with as I found them a bit too soft and they weren't crunchy enough. However for £13.95 I was impressed and was very full after!
Neither of us particularly rated the Baraset Barn very highly and I wouldn't put it one of my favourites out of the chain of these restaurants however I probably would go back again for dinner & see if it's better!



No comments:

Post a Comment