Mortons, Dickens Heath 4/07/2012

Mortons is one of mine & Jaynes favourite restaurants and we go quite often so we decided to go for lunch one day we both had off work! The whole menu at Morton's is sooo good and it's always really hard to decide what to have and especially this time as the special board all sounded so good as well! We decided to have two starters and share them between us we went for:
Tandoori Chicken and Mango Salad
&
Prawns with Chorizo and Chilli
Both of these starters were GORGEOUS! The tandoori chicken salad was so fresh and the chicken and mango complimented each other perfectly as the tandoori chicken was slightly spicy but the mango gave it that fresh taste and calmed the spicy kick down a little, the salad was very good and full of flavour! A brilliant starter and something I would have again! The prawns were also very good, cooked perfectly, bouncy but not chewy! The chorizo and chilli complimented with the prawns incredibly well! I couldn't fault these two starters at all and was so impressed! We ate every last bit and were already full and our mains hadn't even arrived yet!
For my main I decided to go for,
Sea Bream topped with Bacon on a bed of caramelised onion mash and salsa verde.
This was also AMAZING! I wish I was hungrier when this arrived as I couldn't finish it all but every last bite was as good as the one before and was so beautiful! The sea bream was cooked perfectly, really flaky and light! The bacon on top was so good, perfectly crispy and surprisingly worked really well with the seam break which I never expected to go together as a good combination. The caramelised onion mash was also a new taste for me but that was so yummy and also worked really well with the rest of the dish and the salsa verde just finished the meal off with a perfect ending! Idols definitely give this meal 10/10! Perfect, perfect, perfect!! I just wish I would have eaten more!
Once again Morton's didn't fail to impress me but this meal more than ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment