Slug & Lettuce, Solihull 13/08/2012

Me and three friends I work with decided to go to the Slug & Lettuce in Solihull for lunch on a Monday as they do 2 for 1 on every course throughout Monday and as the restaurant is fairly cheap anyway this deal makes it even better! We sat down in a spare booth which was hard to find as it was very busy as the Slug & Lettuce attracts a lot of working people in the area especially on a Monday lunch for this brilliant deal!
We decided to not have starters and go straight to mains as the deserts are supposed to be really good here! I went for a sandwich as I was going out for dinner later this night so didn't want to be too full!
Philly Steak Sandwich & Chips
As you can see from the picture it wasn't massive but it was so filling it didn't need to be any bigger! It was 6oz steak, served in ciabatta, with BBQ sauce and melted cheese, lettuce and sauteed red and spring onions with chips and coleslaw on the side. The steak was a little bit chewy for my liking but as it was in a sandwich it wasn't too bad and the sauce, cheese, salad and vegetables made it very tasty and I did thoroughly enjoy it and for only £8 it was extremely cheap for the amount you get! The chips could have been crispier but for that price I couldnt really complain. I wouldn't say this is a perfect meal by any means but for the price and for a quick lunch time meal in your hour lunch break this is a perfect restaurant especially on a Monday but is very cheap every day and the drinks are cheap but the decor and feel of the restaurant isn't particularly very nice as its very studenty as it turns inot a bar/nightclub on the evenings it isn't particularly warming inside but it's average food at a very good price!
We decided to share two deserts between four of us as we would then receive the 2 for 1 offer and as we were all pretty full I definitely couldn't manage a whole desert! We all decided to go for the same desert as it sounded the best one on the menu and in fact I wasn't overly impressed with the other deserts.
Cookie Cup Explosion

This was a cookie biscuit base, filled with chocolate brownie, marshmallow pieces and chocolate honeycomb, served with vanilla ice cream. Don't be fooled-it's not as good as it sounds! I was highly disappointed with this desert as the description made it sound so appealing but it tasted very bland and the biscuit base was very salty! I didn't taste any marshmallow pieces or honeycomb which was a disappointed and I wolsnt have this desert again but for £5 it is a good price but it wasn't even worth £5 if I'm perfectly honest! The best bit was the vanilla ice cream!
I would give this whole meal 5/10, I wasn't overly impressed but for the price it is the standard you would expect as the whole meal only came to £7.50 each including drinks so I would go back if I wanted a cheap lunch but I wouldn't go for dinner here.


No comments:

Post a Comment